Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog food trouble / tear stain worst

Real Name
    Laura
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
    Likes (Received)

Default dog food trouble / tear stain worst

Ok I have alot of info in this post.. Maggie was on Iams trying to find a better food. We went with Victor . Went to get more and the feed store only had 40lb bags. So my husband said he liked the TOTW better .She still had tear stain and pink face on Victor. So I told my husband ok.. So we got some.. So we started to change her over to TOTW puppy . It will be a week tomorrow .. Well I started adding more of the TOTW to the Victor yesterday and her tear stair got horrible with in hours of doing so .. I also started her on bottled water this week instead of tap water.. Other things we have done in the last week to 2 weeks also .. Started putting Apple cider vinger in her water but relized I was using the wrong one. It was from Walmart. I stoped that yesterday .. We started using a new washing powder and she is getting Nutro Crunchy Treats Apple now.. But like I said the tear stain and her face more pink was after goinh with more TOTW in the Victor. Started 1/2 and 1/2.. What should I do ? Thinking about stopping the TOTW..
    I take care of my paralyzed husband. We have 2 little girls 4 and 6 yrs old. Now I have my dream dog that I always wanted.. Maggie Moo birthday 12/14/12

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: dog food trouble / tear stain worst

@cowsmom

are both foods grain free? the tear stains can be from the protein - is it the same protein for both foods (chicken, beef)? also the Nutro treats... grain free / protein?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i would be backing off the totw n staying half n half then u can add more again and see if u get the same results if so then stop the totw or u can just back off the totw to less than 1/2 and 1/2 and see if it improves. ive found with bullies its all about the protein. find a protein your bully tolerates then work out from there. a limited ingredient food is good in these situations where ur not sure whats causing the problem. also could be outside allergies as well. did ur bully go outside after eating. i know the air here was very bad last week. also no treats till u see what going on.
    Last edited by cowsmom; 04-10-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

That's an awfully young baby to be making such rapid changes. Back up and get her settled, then make your changes VERY slowly.
    I dont know what spring is like where you are but many places are getting nailed with pollen in the air right now so if she has environmental allergies they would be heightened right now.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    That's an awfully young baby to be making such rapid changes. Back up and get her settled, then make your changes VERY slowly.
    I dont know what spring is like where you are but many places are getting nailed with pollen in the air right now so if she has environmental allergies they would be heightened right now.
    Agree, and I would lay off treats and other add ons until you get her settled on the food. It could very well be the treats and not the food but since you're giving both its impossible to know. Hope it gets better for you both soon!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Ice cubes make fun treats!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I think BruceP has given you some great advice there.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I've found that it's good to make one change at a time. Only then you really know that causes those bad reactions, or good reactions.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I think everybody has covered all that I was going to say!!! Good luck!!

Real Name
    Laura
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for the help.. I am sorry I did to much at one time.. She went for her 16 wk shots and check up.. The Vet Said to her she thinks it outside doing it to her. That I can give her some Benadryl.. I have not given her any yet. I kept feeding her 1/2 and 1/2 .. I stopped using the washing powder. The pollen here has been bad.. I have been watching her and she crys more after we go out.. She has been inside most of yesterday and today due to bad weather .. And she looks alot better.
    I take care of my paralyzed husband. We have 2 little girls 4 and 6 yrs old. Now I have my dream dog that I always wanted.. Maggie Moo birthday 12/14/12

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbully View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help.. I am sorry I did to much at one time.. She went for her 16 wk shots and check up.. The Vet Said to her she thinks it outside doing it to her. That I can give her some Benadryl.. I have not given her any yet. I kept feeding her 1/2 and 1/2 .. I stopped using the washing powder. The pollen here has been bad.. I have been watching her and she crys more after we go out.. She has been inside most of yesterday and today due to bad weather .. And she looks alot better.

Good Morning little lady, ok, lets exhale and relax just a bit. hhmmm, ok, I'm not sure what the washing powder is? but less stress is best.
    I like to use less stressful things on the face. A plain wet wash cloth or wet paper towel. Dry, and then with a small dab of Desetin on your finger, apply to the red tear stains. If her eyes are real watery, it could be allergy or eyelashes. I don't have tear stains on any of my five right now, but I did at one time and we beat the condition, you will too.
    Next visit ask your vet to check for eyelashes inside her eyelids.
    It's ok, you're just an anxious mom wanting only the best for your baby. and they are just like baby's. You are a great mom who cares very much.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Laura
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Good Morning little lady, ok, lets exhale and relax just a bit. hhmmm, ok, I'm not sure what the washing powder is? but less stress is best.
    I like to use less stressful things on the face. A plain wet wash cloth or wet paper towel. Dry, and then with a small dab of Desetin on your finger, apply to the red tear stains. If her eyes are real watery, it could be allergy or eyelashes. I don't have tear stains on any of my five right now, but I did at one time and we beat the condition, you will too.
    Next visit ask your vet to check for eyelashes inside her eyelids.
    It's ok, you're just an anxious mom wanting only the best for your baby. and they are just like baby's. You are a great mom who cares very much.

Thanks I am trying so hard to do the right thing for her .. Its making my head hurt lol What do you feed your 5 ? How did you get rid of the tear stains? This is so hard ... I thought I was doing good with the TOTW but then it made at a diamond plant.. So I done wrong there with the recalls.. The Victor is hard to find and it is so small I dont think she was chewing it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads