Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes you can tell in a few days and sometimes it takes several weeks.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..David's sooo right! Jake was on a food for months and only signal I had was soft :poo:. In the search for the right food, I tried a Salmon one and immediately, Jake had a bunch of reactions! Horrible itching..bright pink feet and underbelly..he was miserable!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well like david said sometimes you can see things in a few days like less pink face or paws or bumps going away other things like their coat usually take longer.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It usually takes a few weeks to see positive results, but sometimes it can happen overnight! Same with bad results too, but after 3 weeks or so you should know either way. After the initial results, it can take up to a couple of months to see the final results.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Instead of opening a new thread if I may I'm going to piggyback this one with a food question as well. When I brought Ace home he was already on Canidae ALS as recommended by the breeder so I bought a 44# bag of the Canidae. He also began eating some of the purina pro plan that my wife had the maltese on. Anyway I got them both off the purina pro plan after feeding them both for a while. Now I have switched them both to the Canidae ALS and Fromm beef frittata. They both seem to be doing better on it. Less tear staining and the bulldog doesn't have as much pink belly and scratching. My question is being I had so much Canidae left over and have been feeding them about half and half mixed with the Fromm I'm wondering now if I should continue with both. Instead of going completely with the Fromm. I wouldn't even ask but they are doing so much better with the mix and don't know if it would be better with just the Fromm or continue with the mix. The cost saving is practically nil

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
IF you are getting good results from both I would thing you could continue with a mixture but Im not sure I would switch back and forth. Use up the one and continue with Fromm? Is that what your thinking? Should be ok but monitor closely.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Actually this is the second bag of Fromm, the first was the smallest bag and Ace seemed to be doing well on it so then I bought a medium size bag of Fromm. Just now the large bag of Canidae is about gone and being they are both doing so well on the mix I was wondering should I buy another smaller bag of Canidae and continue with the half and half mix with Fromm. I hate to change up on what seems to be working really well and have no way of knowing if they would do even better on just the Fromm but it's hard to imagine because this is working really well. The Canidae seems to produce a a bigger and a bit softer stool. I have noticed when I mix more of the fromm and less of the Canidae their stools are harder and the bulldog seems to strain a bit more in passing it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online