Help Needed! Help with foods

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=8535]racer[/MENTION]-at petsmart they have a dog food called Simply Nourish, it is a 4 star food and it also comes in grain free. For the 15 lb bag of puppy it is 24.99. I was having trouble with my puppy and found out she is allergic to beef, chicken, lamb, and bison along with turkey so they have a salmon grain free food I get for 41.00 for 24 lbs. I have my older one on Earthborn food the bison and she does really good on it and loves it! Both I would say are good goods for the money and that is a big plus with me! I also like that they are easy to find like the one at petsmart not that I need another reason to go there but it is nice to be able to get it when I need it. For me what I have found is that if you switch a food instead of mixing the kibble tell they are eventually switched over instead I do the bland diet for 3 to 4 days then slowly start adding kibble to that tell switched over. If you don't do the bland diet and with a young puppy it tends to give them the runs this I am a pro on as I just went through weeks of this with my puppy. I also went through 6 different types of food before finding the simply nourish brand and that finally worked! We live on a budget as well so its all about getting the bang for your buck. Hope this helps

OP
racer

racer

Apr 6, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
speedy
@racer-at petsmart they have a dog food called Simply Nourish, it is a 4 star food and it also comes in grain free. For the 15 lb bag of puppy it is 24.99. I was having trouble with my puppy and found out she is allergic to beef, chicken, lamb, and bison along with turkey so they have a salmon grain free food I get for 41.00 for 24 lbs. I have my older one on Earthborn food the bison and she does really good on it and loves it! Both I would say are good goods for the money and that is a big plus with me! I also like that they are easy to find like the one at petsmart not that I need another reason to go there but it is nice to be able to get it when I need it. For me what I have found is that if you switch a food instead of mixing the kibble tell they are eventually switched over instead I do the bland diet for 3 to 4 days then slowly start adding kibble to that tell switched over. If you don't do the bland diet and with a young puppy it tends to give them the runs this I am a pro on as I just went through weeks of this with my puppy. I also went through 6 different types of food before finding the simply nourish brand and that finally worked! We live on a budget as well so its all about getting the bang for your buck. Hope this helps

Thanks,I'll go check it out.;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.