Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help with foods

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Yes they have Blue near me.At Petsmart and a Tractor supply company.Breeder has the on Iams.Not a fan of commercialized food.
    im not suggesting u leave him on the iams forever but im telling u is stress can cause compromised immune systems n lead to mange and things so the less stress to ur new puppy the better. so for a few weeks i would leave him on the iams then switch to something else very gradually as bullies can have sensitive digestions. if u must have an order i would pick the victor, totw, then 4health. honestly id use victor or blue buffalo till they get older since that is what seems available but thats something u have to decide for urself. blue has grain free puppy formulas but the wilderness can get a bit pricey and wellness core is good to and has a puppy formula.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

@racer How is Speedy?
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bulldog(s) Names
    speedy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    im not suggesting u leave him on the iams forever but im telling u is stress can cause compromised immune systems n lead to mange and things so the less stress to ur new puppy the better. so for a few weeks i would leave him on the iams then switch to something else very gradually as bullies can have sensitive digestions. if u must have an order i would pick the victor, totw, then 4health. honestly id use victor or blue buffalo till they get older since that is what seems available but thats something u have to decide for urself. blue has grain free puppy formulas but the wilderness can get a bit pricey and wellness core is good to and has a puppy formula.
    Thanks,they have Wellness at both stores.Was looking at ingredients and seems to be a good food.Tractor Supple is closer to me and only has Wellness puppy in Super5mix in a yellow bag. Is that one good. They didnt have the wellness core in puppy.. What do you think of the I should get out of those you mentioned.
    Last edited by racer; 04-12-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    speedy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    @racer How is Speedy?
    Speedy looks like he's doing well.Thanks!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear that!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

@racer-at petsmart they have a dog food called Simply Nourish, it is a 4 star food and it also comes in grain free. For the 15 lb bag of puppy it is 24.99. I was having trouble with my puppy and found out she is allergic to beef, chicken, lamb, and bison along with turkey so they have a salmon grain free food I get for 41.00 for 24 lbs. I have my older one on Earthborn food the bison and she does really good on it and loves it! Both I would say are good goods for the money and that is a big plus with me! I also like that they are easy to find like the one at petsmart not that I need another reason to go there but it is nice to be able to get it when I need it. For me what I have found is that if you switch a food instead of mixing the kibble tell they are eventually switched over instead I do the bland diet for 3 to 4 days then slowly start adding kibble to that tell switched over. If you don't do the bland diet and with a young puppy it tends to give them the runs this I am a pro on as I just went through weeks of this with my puppy. I also went through 6 different types of food before finding the simply nourish brand and that finally worked! We live on a budget as well so its all about getting the bang for your buck. Hope this helps

Bulldog(s) Names
    speedy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    @racer-at petsmart they have a dog food called Simply Nourish, it is a 4 star food and it also comes in grain free. For the 15 lb bag of puppy it is 24.99. I was having trouble with my puppy and found out she is allergic to beef, chicken, lamb, and bison along with turkey so they have a salmon grain free food I get for 41.00 for 24 lbs. I have my older one on Earthborn food the bison and she does really good on it and loves it! Both I would say are good goods for the money and that is a big plus with me! I also like that they are easy to find like the one at petsmart not that I need another reason to go there but it is nice to be able to get it when I need it. For me what I have found is that if you switch a food instead of mixing the kibble tell they are eventually switched over instead I do the bland diet for 3 to 4 days then slowly start adding kibble to that tell switched over. If you don't do the bland diet and with a young puppy it tends to give them the runs this I am a pro on as I just went through weeks of this with my puppy. I also went through 6 different types of food before finding the simply nourish brand and that finally worked! We live on a budget as well so its all about getting the bang for your buck. Hope this helps
    Thanks,I'll go check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads