Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucy and the poops

Bulldog(s) Names
    Douglas
    Likes (Received)

Also try mixing pumpkin with the kibble! My dog is 1 and has had the shits 75% of his whole life. Trial and error with food nonstop!!!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lucy and the poops

yes feeding a bully can get interesting and having soft stool to diarrhea is common esp with younger bullies. if the salmon does not go well then let me know and ill come up with something for your baby. are you feeding a vitamin through all this as she may not be getting the nutrition he needs just from the bland diet. also have u been adding some pumpkin to her food. have you considered a probiotic to help her digestive tract put good bacteria back in. yes make sure she is drinking alot and getting enough water.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Ok so here is and update! I know Im not supposed to do this but I called the vet yesterday morning because night before last she wouldnt eat but a nibble of her dinner and then come breakfast she wouldn't eat and with all the food problems I wanted to talk to the vet. We talked about the bland diet and he didnt want me to go back to that he is very against people food so he told me to stick with the salmon and get something lighter on the potato and it needed to be higher fat so I went and got her a new food and switched her cold turkey since she wouldn't eat. I was really worried about it making her sick but thought I would humor my vet and to my surprise her poops slowed down and turned even harder! So now it has been 4 meals on new food and her poops has already slowed down! This is our last try before going raw so I hope it helps. I also talked to vet about raw and of to say the least he is against it but if thats the only thing that works for her and keeps her healthy than I will do that. I will update in a couple days and let you all know if it is still working! Keep your fingers crossed!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

I am so glad that Lucy is feeling better and I am glad that you can relax for a few days. I am confused about why you shouldn't call the vet?
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

@christyjulene-sorry I ment I did call the vet did I do a typo? I have called the vet a lot they know me by name

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Here is what you wrote " I know Im not supposed to do this but I called the vet yesterday morning because night before last she wouldnt eat" Thanks for clearing it up for me. I am learning so I wanted to make sure I got it right. Thanks for clearing it up for me. My vet sees my number on the caller ID and calls me by name I understand. Glad things are better.

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Lucy had her shots today she is now 22lbs and he testing again for parasites or worms and she was negative again. Not to be nasty but he checked her stool Im assuming when they did the test for parasites and he said he is happy with the firmness of it and she has put on weight like he wanted. Lucy also has slowed down the pooping today she went three times total! It must have been the filler in the other food, I really think we have found something that is going to work

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on a great vet check! Anytime you want to talk poop I am here, it's important stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads