General Question When can my puppy start eating fruits & veggies?

lthegreat

Mar 30, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybelle
Our Maybelle is 10 weeks today! I want to get her eating fresh fruit and veggies for treats but I want to make sure we don't give them to her too young. I am worried about her choking so I want to make sure we wait until she is ready.

At what age did you start giving your bully bits of fruits & veggies? Are these good to start???
Banana
Apple
Baby carrots
Frozen green beans

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
[MENTION=8483]lthegreat[/MENTION] We started giving fruits and veggie as treats at 10 weeks except raw baby carrots (I was paranoid he would choke on them). Fergus loves bananas, blueberries, apples, green beans (frozen and steamed).

Last edited by a moderator:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im not sure bout puppies but i will tag some members who will know. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]. im assuming you could give soft things now like bananas or strawberries n such.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I don't see a problem with a healthy treat every now and then, if you overdo it, you'll know by the canon butt. A small treat once or twice a day is fair. IMO

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The banana, apple, blueberries, things like that are pretty soft and easy to chew. I would wait until he is a little bigger for the carrots. Green beans are a good filler, but don't really add anything of nutrition. They are good if you have a bully wanting to loose weight and use them to help make them feel full.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I start giving frozen green beans at 6 weeks, because they are teething and it feels good on their gums, they don't really eat them at that age, --mama is the exception-- they just chew on them and teaches them young to learn to love them. They have no calories and have fiber. And I think vitamin A.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
when it is time to give them Carrots, don't get the "baby" ones that are peeled and cored, they are actually soaked in bleach to keep them from going bad. Just get the full size and unpeeled, I cut or break them off into smaller pieces, much healthier.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.