Help Needed! What type of food should i be feeding my english bulldog?

italiankidd94

Apr 3, 2013
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
I just recently got an English Bulldog. He is a puppy, only 3 months old. The place that I got him at had him eating Health Extension dry food mixed with a can of Triumph No Meat By-Products Chicken 'N Rice Formula so I had to buy this food for him to keep him on it. Should he be eating this food, or is there something better out there? How long until I can switch him to a better type of food and how do you do it? Also, how many times a day should I be feeding him? He is 3 months old and currently weighs 13 pounds. Right now I feed him 2 times a day, a hand full of dry food mixed with a scoop of the canned food. However, he always seems to be extremely ravenous, should I be feeding him more than twice a day?

Thanks,
Nick

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: Well..I sooo wish there was a one answer solution for you! But honestly, food is a big issue with most of our Bully's! They often are sensitive to different ingredients and it's a guessing game most of the time.

I would be feeding him 3 times a day..1/2 to 3/4 cup each feeding . At about 6 months he can go to 2 feedings of a cup or cup and 1/4 twice a day. He needs to be on a good All Stage Food or a Puppy food. They need extra stuff while growing. Most use Fromm Puppy food. My vet actually put Jake on an all stage food at 11 weeks. I'm going to get some other help for you. Remember..a lot of Bully's have problems with chicken...and whatever you end up switching to..do a slow transition. ..over a 10 day to 2 week period.
@Davidh.. @Sherry.. @desertskybulldogs.. @cowsmom

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] 3 times a day and about 3/4 cup each time. We feed our pupd FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag. You can switch to it know if you want. Just transition him slowly.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
also, keep a can of pure plain pumpkin on hand and 1 tbl. a day will help to firm up the poop if there's any loose stools

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
After doing some reading on here Im switching my Colossus over to Fromm Four Star (starting with the Chicken ala Veg). I heard good things about Royal Canin, so just went with that at first. Ill keep ya posted how the switch goes.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=8515]italiankidd94[/MENTION] actually i looked this food up and its not bad really so if your dog is doing ok on it then id leave them on it. ive checked the website and its looks good actually. perhaps the grain free version and its chicken based is the only thing i can find that might cause a problem but all bullies dont have a problem with chicken.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.