I have already posted but have ?'s

frankie

Mar 14, 2013
San Clemente, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frankie
Hi again!
I wanted to get a take on what everyone feeds their bullies. I am doing blue buffalo wilderness. But Frankie does not like it at all. I also wanted to know about allergies. She is biting at her little paws so i am concerned. Thanks everyone! I am loving this site! So much Knowledge on here!
Kelli:confused::confused:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Prey-model Raw for me.

All Blue Wilderness formulae contain chicken which may cause allergies. But, in bulldogs, environmental allergies is actually as common, if not more common, than food allergies.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Your avitar picture is adorable! We feed Momo Taste of the wild....As for the paw biting, sounds like some type of allergy...have you asked your vet?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag, Our adult bullies get FROMM, and some get Natural Balance L.I.D. Potato & Duck.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We feed Ftse Royal canine, if we had Fromme here I would feed him that

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we feed NVI raw beef medallians for dinner, and a canadian kibble called canisource (beef/pork based) for breakfast/snacks.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We feed Fromm Beef Frittata ........ but have recently started to home cook for them. So I actually feed about third- half of the Fromm and the rest is the home cooked stuff.

I NEVER had any problems with the Beef frittata ..... just wanted to start home cooking for them for my and their enjoyment!!

Deestar

Mar 2, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I'm currently feeding Lucy Dogswell Nutrisca Lamb & Chickpea formula. It took me a long, agonizing time to find out the things she was sensitive to. Chicken and potatoes turned out to be the culprits. The chicken was bothering her stomach while the potatoes made her itch. With trial and error, and help from the very knowledgeable people here, you should be able to find out what works for your bully too. :yes:

A few things to remember.....don't make too many changes too quickly. Post what you're doing and what results you get and you will get great advice and encouragement. Lots of luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fromm Beef Fritatta..... Banks is allergic to Chicken and sensitive to salmon

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk was only Royal Canin since she was a pup. I recently added Wilderness Salmon to the RC. She eats a lot less now - don't know if it is her missing Lilly (Corgi), or if the Wilderness fills her up quicker. She seems to like it and I have not had to add any Angel Eyes to her food, since I added the Wilderness, and she does not have any tear stains. Of course, being in East Texas with all the pine trees she constantly licks her paws. I wipe them with a wash cloth soaked in vinegar and peroxide.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You have been given a good variety of good foods. The Fromm beef frittata is a good one and also the Nutrisca lamb and chickpea is very good.

egghunt3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i feed wysong epigen 90 and stella and chewys but she is a very rare case of severe food allergies. the fromm and others mentioned are good foods. me i try to find the protein they tolerate as all bullies are different and work from there. the paw biting is a sign of allergy but bullies have food and environmental allergies so hard to know which it is.

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
I am trying Earthborn Holistics ~Bison formula. I think it isn't agreeing with my two. Itching like crazy..their fur is coming out like crazy, BIG eye boogers, and runny eyes.=( It is hard to figure out what to feed this kind of breed, and frustrating to say the least! My last bag was Fromm Beef Fritata, but I'm looking for a MAGICAL brand to solve all their ailments! Ahhhh..just want to throw my hands in the air sometimes!=/ They're also getting "bumps" under their skin?. Someone HELP, Please and Thank You!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.