Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I have already posted but have ?'s

You have been given a good variety of good foods. The Fromm beef frittata is a good one and also the Nutrisca lamb and chickpea is very good.

Last edited by JeannieCO; 03-30-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i feed wysong epigen 90 and stella and chewys but she is a very rare case of severe food allergies. the fromm and others mentioned are good foods. me i try to find the protein they tolerate as all bullies are different and work from there. the paw biting is a sign of allergy but bullies have food and environmental allergies so hard to know which it is.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gucci & Louie
    Likes (Received)

I am trying Earthborn Holistics ~Bison formula. I think it isn't agreeing with my two. Itching like crazy..their fur is coming out like crazy, BIG eye boogers, and runny eyes.=( It is hard to figure out what to feed this kind of breed, and frustrating to say the least! My last bag was Fromm Beef Fritata, but I'm looking for a MAGICAL brand to solve all their ailments! Ahhhh..just want to throw my hands in the air sometimes!=/ They're also getting "bumps" under their skin?. Someone HELP, Please and Thank You!

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I home cook for Amber and Ruby. Its about 80 percent home cooking and the rest is blue buffalo canned food when I am traveling. I cook two pounds of ground turkey (it is rather cheap at 1.20 a pound), one can of mixed veggies, and one cup of cooked rice. Stir it up; give them about one cup at a time with two tablespoons of yogurt along with one tablespoon of pumpkin and in the morning one raw egg, everything mixed up and watch it get consumed with a quickness. I just started Ruby on home cooking this week, hence the yogurt and pumpkin to make sure her stools stay nice and firm. I also give them ground beef or roasts when they are on sale (i load up and buy 100 pounds at a time then for both humans and fur babies). So, ground turkey, ground beef, and roasts all work great. Chicken too but it costs an arm and leg for ground chicken where I am located. Good luck.

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Have changed Punk back to Royal Canin - she would not eat the Wilderness and was constantly licking her paws. Now that she is back on RC she is not licking them constantly and doing good.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mom of 5 View Post
    I am trying Earthborn Holistics ~Bison formula. I think it isn't agreeing with my two. Itching like crazy..their fur is coming out like crazy, BIG eye boogers, and runny eyes.=( It is hard to figure out what to feed this kind of breed, and frustrating to say the least! My last bag was Fromm Beef Fritata, but I'm looking for a MAGICAL brand to solve all their ailments! Ahhhh..just want to throw my hands in the air sometimes!=/ They're also getting "bumps" under their skin?. Someone HELP, Please and Thank You!
    When you find that MAGICAL brand you'll be a Bulldog Millionaire... (yes, a pun on that movie title. LOL!).

It can get really frustrating to find that food that works. And even when you do find the one that works, there's a chance that it will stop working after a while. That's one of the reasons a lot of pawrents opt to go to the "do-it-yourself brand"... my babies are on the Prey-Model Raw. I still can't shake the "I hope I'm not doing this all wrong" worry which comes with the DIY method but at least the dogs have had zero food-related allergies, so I'm sticking with it.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gucci & Louie
    Likes (Received)

What does that consists of? Is it more expensive then buying the bags of dog food?

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Hi Kelli the Fromm Beef Fritattata seems to be a very popular food that Bully owners go to when they have tried a lot of other foods. They seem to have great success with it. Raw of course is the best but every Bully owner is not up for that. Good luck!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads