This is the new mixture per the nutritionist.....mmm..mmmm..good

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ok so since we decided fiber is a key for Beefy's anal gland issues. This is the new food. Everything is raw except the rice...I had to cook it lol.
It has raw chicken thigh, white rice,baby carrots cut, potatoes red cut, flax seed, cocosoyo omega oils.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Just a thought, but did the nutritionist say anything about cooking or steaming the veggies a bit first? From what I've read dogs have a hard time digesting raw veggies and getting the most of the nutrients out of them.

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
[MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] no she said when they get them in the wild they are raw I just have to cut them into small pieces and he doesnt get alot of veggies , they're just to add fiber.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Mmmm... looks great... cook that chicken just a little bit and the dog and I would be fighting over that bowl :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Now I'm hungry for some stir fry!!!

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I actually posted this to show [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I was telling her about his new food on FB today. And yes if it was cooked chicken I would eat it too lol.:yes:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
heck ya it sure does look like a 5 star dinner.... yummy!!!

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Good to know!! I always feel bad for giving the dogs raw veggies but it looks like I'm ok :D

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
[MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] the nutritonist told me its actually better. She said even steaming them can actualy take out the nutrients...I didnt know this before:bust:

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
It can, unless you use the water as well ;) Its just like with boiling brocoli for supper, the water always turns dark green.

So what I do is add the veggies to a bowl, with about a tablespoon of water, and cover it with swran wrap. It gets popped into the microwave untill they are done.

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Thats a good idea.... I love steamed cauliflower so I'll have to try that:yes: I have a steamer thingy idk whats its called but thats what i use for large amounts of veggies.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That does look pretty good! :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online