high protien food

granville

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
baxter
does anybody feed high protein food like orijen, evo ,back to basics to your bulldog ...

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I don't know what the protein percentage is in the brands you mentioned. I'm feeding Ace Fromm beef frittata now and started Ace out with Canidae ALS both of them I guess would be considered moderate on the protein percentages. We do also feed some people food along with the kibble from time to time. Such as egg, cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt, tuna, some cooked red meat on occasions, usually left overs or a snack when we are eating as long as it hasn't been overly seasoned especially with something real spicy or with onions in it

Jmet8

Dec 10, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
FeeBee
Hi
We feed ours the Wellness Core. It cost more but you don't have to feed as much. Not a lot of filler just stuff they need. No skin, or any issues with this food. Our Vet said it was a good one ( and he has science diet out front for sale ). Our girl gets a coup n the morning and a coup n the evenings. She is five months and right at 30lbs.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Orijen proved to be too high of a protein food for my Dynamic Duo. Bea had between soupy poops and soft serve her entire first year on Orijen and a very smart friend of mine (Thanks Cindy!) set me straight. The dude at my local PetPros told me back then that Orijen had actually INCREASED the protein at some point and he was getting the same feedback from those folks who experienced the same thing as I.

Where's our Gastronomical Goddess at ? [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] She knows more about what my dogs are eating than I do.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I am a big proponent of high protein... but ONLY if the protein comes from animal source and not plant. I used to feed my dogs Earthborn Holistics Primitive Natural. It's at 38% protein. On the ingredients list - 3 animals are listed before the plant (ingredients are listed in descending quantity order)... then they changed the ingredients so that the 3rd ingredient is now the plant. Angus was starting to have a problem and I wasn't sure what could have caused it. It may have been this very minor change in ingredients it may not. In kibble, high protein % means low carbs %. Low protein % means high carb %. In dogs, protein is good, carbs not so good.

Anyway, I'm now feeding Prey-Model Raw. High animal protein, very minimal carbs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.