General Question Food for a puppy?

Kona13

Mar 19, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Kona
I am looking for puppy food that is healthy for him, don't make him smell and doesn't make him poop a lot. Is there such food? Any recommendation!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
There are a lot to choose from so you might have to try something that looks good and see how the puppy does on it. I used Innova puppy food and my bully did well on it while others have used Fromm with a lot of luck as well. You might want to start there and also look at our dog food ratings page for more information!

Remember, there isn't one food that's great for all bulldogs - it is some trial and error!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
A lot of people on here feed Fromms Beef Frittata, it is a six star food , and is an all stages food. They have 4 formulas, and they are all interchangeable without having to transition between the different formulas. You can also check the dog food ratings forum and choose from the 5 and 6 star foods.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There are a lot to choose from so you might have to try something that looks good and see how the puppy does on it. I used Innova puppy food and my bully did well on it while others have used Fromm with a lot of luck as well. You might want to start there and also look at our dog food ratings page for more information!

Remember, there isn't one food that's great for all bulldogs - it is some trial and error!

^^^ agree

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag until about 6 or 7 months of age then switch them over to an all stage food.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This works too:
wholechicken.jpg

Don't forget to include the giblets.

Do a google search on Prey-Model Raw or BARF for more info.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.