Can anyone suggest some high fiber foods for bullies?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Well in my fight for helping Mr.Beefy become a happy healthy bully, I came across a new solution to the anal gland issues other than surgery. HIGH FIBER DIET! The only thing i know of with fiber is brocolli but I will be researching this tonight. If anyone has any suggetions I am open and happy to try.:pray:

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Red raspberries are higher in fiber than oatmeal! (thanks Dr. Oz) Canned or puree'd pumpkin has alot of fiber as well. Peas also have alot of fiber. Lima beans and kidney beans are high as well. Actually I'll just paste my favorite site for fiber for ya ;)

List of High Fiber Foods with Fiber Content

What diet are you currently feeding? What are the consistency of his leavings, if I may ask :D

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Sorry [MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] we just started a bland/raw diet per a nutritionist. We've only been doing it a few days so his poopies are still soft.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The most convenient is canned pumpkin (not pie filling). Loads of fiber.

Great list [MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] I will have to put some of those on my grocery list!

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Thanx! i have been giving fresh pumpkin and seeds. That list is great THANK[MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION]

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
No problem :D Because of having hermit crabs I'm kind of a nutrition geek because they're hardwired to eat something different at each meal LOL.

The veggie mix I usually feed my guys is a frozen mix of carrots, green beans, lima beans and corn. I pick out the corn and that gets fed to the birds, chin and bun, and feeder bugs for my reptiles.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I know [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] was feeding Vegas a high fiber stew so she can chime in to what was in that.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
There are tomatos...mushrooms.....cabbage...and bell peppers. They absolutely love it! I plan on taking Vegas in to weight him this week. He's been on the stew for about a month.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.