I need to fatten her up!!

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
When I first got sadie, sit and laydown were nearly impossible. She had too much energy. I've never met a dog short of a border collie with as much drive and energy as she had.

I'm pretty sure she has doggie ADHD or ADD sometimes :crazy:

She's came a LONG way, and is alot calmer now, although there are still people that meet her and say "holy cow!" to her energy level.

There is the problem. Because she always has so much energy and she is always moving around its getting hard to keep weight on her. She was already pretty thin when I had first gotten her, and now she's just as thin but has increased her muscle mass considerably.

I'm interested if any of you know of some fattening add ins that can help dogs gain weight? Taste of the wild prairie formula is what she's getting now, with meats and steamed veggies added in, as well as things like yogurt, cottage cheese, canned pumpkin, baked fish, and drippings from meats that I've cooked without seasoning.

She's currently getting three cups of food a day or more, and has been tested for parasites. Even the vet thinks she would gain weight easier with a medication. I just hate to think of doping her up.

Here is one of her before pictures

HPIM0564.jpg

And a more recent one.

HPIM1789Modified.jpg

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Wow sounds like she is getting her nutrients, I gave Georgia brown rice and boiled chicken with the fat when she was prego just to make sure she kept her weight on. Maybe someone else can help better I think [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] could help better.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Are these current photos? Cause she looks perfect to me! How old and how much does she weight? [MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION]

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She looks good to me also but I can see how she appears a little thin maybe. Or is that just after looking at my stocky boy? ;) No help on fattening since my boy is not overly thin.

OP
froggz

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Awww You guys make me feel alot better!! The first picture was when we first got her. The 2nd photo was just a few nights ago.

She weighs in at 42lbs right now. I do know that she was from show dog lines and that might explain the fact that she's only 13 inches tall at the shoulder. Compared to the other bulldogs she's a few inches shorter every time. She's right around two years old now.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Hmm my fur-kids are all Chunky...except baby joe she is fit , because I have to walk her ALOT and she jumps off the walls lol.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sounds like you are doing everything right, you are adding in all the things I would have thought to mention, meat, cottage cheese, etc. She looks trim like it wouldn't hurt her to gain weight but doesn't need to. She looks like healthy girl to me.

Kimrisa

Jun 20, 2010
She's such a darling girl! But as a bully mama who constantly worries whether Tuffy is looking stock enough I can relate! Is the Taste of the Wild Prairie formula high enough in calories? You may want to ask the vet if it might be worth it to put her on puppy kibble for a while so she can gain more weight. Those tend to be higher in fat and calories. Also I don't know how delicate her tummy is but if you google satin balls you can find a recipe. A lot of owners use that to bulk up their dogs before going in the showring. Good luck and enjoy your beautiful girl!

OP
froggz

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
She's such a darling girl! But as a bully mama who constantly worries whether Tuffy is looking stock enough I can relate! Is the Taste of the Wild Prairie formula high enough in calories? You may want to ask the vet if it might be worth it to put her on puppy kibble for a while so she can gain more weight. Those tend to be higher in fat and calories. Also I don't know how delicate her tummy is but if you google satin balls you can find a recipe. A lot of owners use that to bulk up their dogs before going in the showring. Good luck and enjoy your beautiful girl!

Satin balls huh? I'll definitely have to look that up!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.