URGENT!!! major help again with food....

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
nope, but when he was on beef frittata he does it. with nature logic he doesn't do it but the tear stain is so bad that's it bleed.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
20130316_201245_zpsaa775d47.jpg

20130316_201340_zps0e4db552.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

ok, on the tear stain, that area is raw, put just a small dab of Desitin on there, not near the eye. How often do give him a bath? because the skin doesn't have any red at all on it. or even dry flakes hummmm

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nope, but when he was on beef frittata he does it. with nature logic he doesn't do it but the tear stain is so bad that's it bleed.

Damn.... his folds look like Banks' -- her eyes tear a lot, but it is due to environmental allergies. spring/fall are the worst... i give her 2 Benedryl 2x a day as needed. But I'm wondering, if the skin issues are staph -- you said earlier that he had it before and it went away after a round of antibiotics? [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] - think that is possible?

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
usually once every 2-3wk, right now I use desitin for the tear stains. it's happened so quick for The tear stain that's I'm worried , but The bump doesn't bother him

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
it never away so that's why I think it's potatoes ...I guesses the best ideas now to get him a full blood works test

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Staph usually has a more crusty, scaly look to it that will peal off and have a red wet round spot where the hair use to be. and it smells bad too. and will turn up on the belly and arm/leg pits / and hind end . Dolly has a few small spots that have missing hair on her left side, but it's been there for a year. It's just like four very small spots in one area. the vet has never mentioned them or thought of them to be an issue, they don't grow, they don't do anything. they are just there. they don't bother her and they don't get bigger. don't know what they are, just always thought they were kind of natural thing going on. Like something an adult turning senior might get. Dolly is 5

do these areas seem to be pimple like? I wouldn't pick at them if they are, it could get worse. ??

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
it's.not pimple, I went to two different vets and one are special in bulldog in Houston and still don't know. I'll make an appointment soon to get his full blood work done. I just changed my Mind and ordered nutrisca lamb like you suggested and see if that help. thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it's.not pimple, I went to two different vets and one are special in bulldog in Houston and still don't know. I'll make an appointment soon to get his full blood work done. I just changed my Mind and ordered nutrisca lamb like you suggested and see if that help. thanks

Good luck and please keep us posted.....

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

good for you and your bully, I'd think you shouldn't give so many baths too. I give mine a bath ever 3 months or 4 months. the oil in there coat is good for the skin. If they get dirty, I just wipe down with a wet towel and dry. Too much shampoo will dry the skin out. some people bathe their bully's even less. Although I do use a wet wash cloth to do their faces , and then dry so no moisture is left in the folds.

OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
i have to bath him bc hes an inside dog and we take him to the park to play with other dogs about 2-3x a week , and hes stink after that lol.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have to bath him bc hes an inside dog and we take him to the park to play with other dogs about 2-3x a week , and hes stink after that lol.
if im reading this right on the fromm beef fritatta he had the bumps and was scratching and licking and on natures logic bad tear stains but did the bumps ever go away. i had a friend whose dog had this same thing and it was a treat she was feeding him and one she stopped it his hair grew back and the bumps went away. if i were you i would stop the yogurt and acv and anything else you may be feeding the dog in the way of treats people food ext. have you ever tried to feed your dog a bland diet? such as beef n rice or chicken n rice. with bullies sometimes simpler is better esp when dealing with allergies. this will help narrow down the cause of the bumps since it seems he has been checked at the vets. the nutrisca is a good start as it has very limited ingredients and is a good food but till it gets here i would do the bland diet and perhaps do that for a while and see if it clears up.
oh and i have bathed sarah twice a week for a very long time due to yeast issues n she was ok but i go as long as her situation will allow on the bathing. thankfully i am at like once every week n a half or two weeks now. yay.

Last edited:
OP
xskyzx

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
the bumps always been there, with fromm his ear wax get worse and bumps get better but still there( scratches his ears only) bumps never bothered him, so I think it might be the potatoes in from m that's why I switched to nature's logic, then now ear is get better but bumps get worse, especially the tear stains...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.