My husband does not get it!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So it has been a little over 4 weeks since I started Vegas on his grain/gluten free diet because of all his allergies. I have been strict about his food and snacks and it really is paying off. No itching, no smell etc... Last night while I was finishing laundry up, I walk past the living room and see Vegas munching on something...I ask my husband what he was eating and my husband said "Some MULTI-GRAIN WHEAT THINS" :eek: which is what my husband was snacking on. I had to sit down once again and go over diet "rules" he said I only gave him 6, and I said 6 too many!!!! :mad:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
LOL. Sorry to laugh but he sounds like my 3 year old with Mr.Beefy. I just started a bland and raw diet so NO TREATS!! He can have cottage cheese that i freeze but thats it right now. Last night I caught him sneaking lays potato chips to him and we had a long onesided talk lol.:p

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
*SIGH* I totally know what you mean. Chip still thinks vegetable oil with an egg on top is 'good for the coat and skin' cuz that is what he grew up doing with his family. I think I FINALLY have him convinced otherwise. :yes:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My bf is totally different, he'd always vacuum after company's over because he gets worried that some food / crumbs may have dropped on the floor. His nephew is severely allergic to all sorts of things, especially gluten, so I guess he learned from experience that anything can trigger allergies and that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
That is funny! I think they only hear what they want to I swear sometimes I am better off explaining it to Silva then my hubby! :)

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
had to explain Horse's diet restrictions to the woman at the dunkin donuts drive thru the other day, she wanted to give him a munchkin...Braeden has gotten the "what Horse can and can't eat" speech down, he questions anyone that tries to feed Horse something! He even knows the DONT ever feed him list (grapes....)

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
When I first got Jay, the rule of the house was NO people food, at all! Well my birthday was a week or so later and I walked into the living room from getting a glass of milk (to go with my cake lol) to see both hubby and Jay chewing. BOTH of them froze instantly, totally giving it away lol. Then there was the time that we were house sitting and I caught him with a circle of four dogs all patiently waiting for their piece of twizzlers pull and peel. As mad as I was I had to admit it was hilarious watching two eb's and a french bulldog eating twizzlers.

With Sadie I have to say I'm blessed that I haven't seen any allergic reactions since I switched her to TOTW. Before her toes were pink and her wrinkles nasty. There are snacks that she gets, but I try to keep anything too grainy away from her. Her favorite thus far is string cheese. But I have to admit even I sneak her broccoli and carrots, or anything else healthy that I think she'd like. She goes nuts for tomatoes and strawberries lol. Her "sister" jasmine loves banana.

Alpha

Jul 30, 2010
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Bulldog(s) Names
RoCkie
Hahaha men...they tried to get away on things lol... That's my hubby does too. Not until i caught him red-handed. So, I point out my reason WHY I FORBID him from giving rocky some human treat. I think, I've made a good point & he haven't give rocky anything else not unless he asked me first. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online