General Question Food Advice

KitKat90

Mar 6, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
I'm currently feeding Georgia Nutro Natural Choice Small Breed Puppy Food. Is there something better for her out there or should I stick with this till she gets older? She does seem to get that red stuff in the folds under her eyes but Idk if her food as anything to do with that or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi and welcome! If it were me, I would say yes, switch to a better food. I love Fromm large breed puppy, to me there is no better in puppy food choices.

Nutro is not a very highly rated food you will come to find out. Check out the dog food ratings and especially my article on dog food ingredients. I hope those link for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

L

Lucy-licious

Finding the right food is the key to a happy healthy puppy. It can be frustrating and take a lot of tries but once you get it :dancing:
one little thing that might be worth baring in mind when choosing is that many of our members Bullys have allergies to chicken based food and grains. So best not to try them in the first place xx

Good luck and keep coming back with your food questions. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is excellent when it comes to helping people choose food :D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh no :eek: how did i miss this. no nutro is not very good food imo. there are better out there. you can try fromm or blue buffalo wilderness has a puppy now and so does wellness core. i believe all will be chicken based if they are puppy food. blue buffalo does make a basic puppy thats turkey. let me know if i can help more. [MENTION=8325]KitKat90[/MENTION]

OP
K

KitKat90

Mar 6, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
I've gotten her Merrick's Grain Free Buffalo. She seems to be doing alot better with it, even though it's still only half & half.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You've gotten great advice from three of our best nutritionists so far. You'll do well to follow what they suggest. Make sure that you do a slow transition when changing foods. Let me know if you need help learning how to do that. Good luck

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I've gotten her Merrick's Grain Free Buffalo. She seems to be doing alot better with it, even though it's still only half & half.

Great news, keep us posted!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.