General Question little help

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
What is the best food and treat? She has tear stain .. She is little pink.. She is mostly white.. We have her on Iams large breed and some cheap treats from walmart. She is not lossing her fur or itching alot .. Just want her on something good for her.. We feed her one time a day in AM .. How many times should we feed her a day.. She is 12 wks friday.. She is OBBCESSED with water.. She didnt have the tear stain till a few days to a week after we got her.. I see alot of yall love Formm .. I got Blue Basic turkey and pototoes .. Is that one good..

dog.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I am not the one to help you pick a food..but Iams is not a very good food..and "cheap treats from Walnart??" :eek:
You need to read up on dog food here..go check out dog food ratings and what's in the dog food. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can get you going in te right direction.

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Hi Glad you are getting her of Iams it is not the best food out there. I feed Blue Buffalo like you except I feed the longevity puppy. I have had no issues with the food, and Ike is doing great on it.

Fromms is prolly one of the best foods. Blue is one of the better ones from the standards... Both are still very good foods

We feed 3 times a day, as your bully gets older you might go to 2x a day. but right now your puppy needs the calories and nutrition to grow properly.
If you havent changed her over, yet think about going grain free from Blue like wilderness or freedom. your bully will thank you for it. The next bag of food we get will be grain free. Also get some 100% pumpkin and add a tablespoon in the food when you feed her to help with loose stool.

On a side note, if you are feeding only 1 time a day, that might by why Maggy is pounding through her water... she is could just be hungry..

Anything else let us know!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A puppy that age NEEDS to eat 3 times a day. About 1 cup each feeding. A good treat to give and this is what we use, is Fruitables and they have all different kind of flavors and ours love them.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
What is the best food and treat? She has tear stain .. She is little pink.. She is mostly white.. We have her on Iams large breed and some cheap treats from walmart. She is not lossing her fur or itching alot .. Just want her on something good for her.. We feed her one time a day in AM .. How many times should we feed her a day.. She is 12 wks friday.. She is OBBCESSED with water.. She didnt have the tear stain till a few days to a week after we got her.. I see alot of yall love Formm .. I got Blue Basic turkey and pototoes .. Is that one good..

View attachment 38496

Maggie is beautiful and young, she needs to eat more during the day. Like at least 2 times , 3 is better. at least until she gets older. The new food might be ok for her. you will know by her skin if it isn't. Please feed her more times a day and let her have water during the also. thank you and keep us posted

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
Well..I am not the one to help you pick a food..but Iams is not a very good food..and "cheap treats from Walnart??" :eek:
You need to read up on dog food here..go check out dog food ratings and what's in the dog food. @cowsmom can get you going in te right direction.

Thanks I am talking with cowsmom.. I was giving her what the breeder was giving her.. I am trying to do better for her .. Thats why I am asking questions.

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
Hi Glad you are getting her of Iams it is not the best food out there. I feed Blue Buffalo like you except I feed the longevity puppy. I have had no issues with the food, and Ike is doing great on it.

Fromms is prolly one of the best foods. Blue is one of the better ones from the standards... Both are still very good foods

We feed 3 times a day, as your bully gets older you might go to 2x a day. but right now your puppy needs the calories and nutrition to grow properly.
If you havent changed her over, yet think about going grain free from Blue like wilderness or freedom. your bully will thank you for it. The next bag of food we get will be grain free. Also get some 100% pumpkin and add a tablespoon in the food when you feed her to help with loose stool.

On a side note, if you are feeding only 1 time a day, that might by why Maggy is pounding through her water... she is could just be hungry..

Anything else let us know!

Thanks .. I was doing what the breeder was doing.. I am going to start feeding her 3 times a day.. thanks

OP
pinkbully

pinkbully

Feb 20, 2013
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Moo born 12/14/12
A puppy that age NEEDS to eat 3 times a day. About 1 cup each feeding. A good treat to give and this is what we use, is Fruitables and they have all different kind of flavors and ours love them.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Maggie is beautiful and young, she needs to eat more during the day. Like at least 2 times , 3 is better. at least until she gets older. The new food might be ok for her. you will know by her skin if it isn't. Please feed her more times a day and let her have water during the also. thank you and keep us posted

ok i will thanks .. i was doing what the breeder was doing and told me was best .. sorry i was doing it wrong..

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
[MENTION=8209]pinkbully[/MENTION] You didnt do wrong you were only doing what the breeder said :). We know you love Maggie Moo because you are here and care enough to ask questions. Everyone here loves their dog and want only the best. I am constantly asking questions and learning something new everyday. My Fergus is my first Bully and when we first brought him home I thought we were doing something wrong and was doubting myself big time. Now I have the support to raise him the best I can :D

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks I am talking with cowsmom.. I was giving her what the breeder was giving her.. I am trying to do better for her .. Thats why I am asking questions.

Its a learning experience for ALL of us! That's why we are here! We learn from each other and what's most important..is that you are asking and trying your best! :clap:

Jake was on Iams too when he came home....

RyanCress

Mar 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
Hey there,
I would recommend a food that is wheat free. We fed our bully Holistic Select and it worked wonders. I would also recommend a wheat free treat that you can get from a pet store. What you spend in dog food will definitely be saved in vet bills. Trust me. We fed our boy once in the am and once in the pm. He was 55lbs and got 1 cup twice a day.

sherden24

Nov 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gumbo
I agree! We know you love your baby, how could you not with that sweet little face???? Good luck with the food, we are also trying to figure out the best for Gumbo.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online