Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Switched my 2 EBs over to Fromm from Wellness

sounds like allergies to me. id look at the food first then go from there. of course could be environmental but from what your describing id look at the food. can you do a bland diet of like beef n rice for a few days n see if it helps. an allergy test if not fool proof but will give you a better idea of what is causing it. i would have never of knows sarah was allergic to fleas n dust mites n alfalfa n kelp had i not had her tested. you may want to order some duoxo pads they are great for chins n those bumps and whatever may come up with bullies.

Real Name
    Dave
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Apollo and Enzo - Giuseppe 7/11/01 - 4/23/12
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for the whine-fest. Vet said he doesn't think it's a food allergy. He checked his ears and told me the telltale sign of a food allergy is reddening of the inside of the ears (good tip if it's correct). Apollo is most likely getting a reaction to something he is playing with, he said. It got real bad yesterday evening, to the point he was bleeding and the acne on his lips were swollen pretty big. He came to me like he was in pain. That's why I got so worked up.
    I'm not ruling out dust mites, etc. and I will order the duoxo pads today. I need to also find a shampoo that doesn't give them hives, but this is all for another section of the forum. Thank you so much for your help!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I purchased some Fromm beef frittata almost two weeks ago, I wanted to try a grain free food, and Ace has been on the switch from Canidae ALS to Fromm. It seems as if his coat is softer and he is tolerating the switch well. No loose bowels and regular movements. During this switch the Maltese has also been switching from Purina Pro Plan [the vet recommended to my wife] to the Fromm as well and there is no doubt the tear staining or the lack thereof is better with the maltese than it has been in two years

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

By the way you can have a really good vet, and I think we do, and they may still know relatively little about what constitutes good food

Real Name
    Dave
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    By the way you can have a really good vet, and I think we do, and they may still know relatively little about what constitutes good food
    I agree with you 100% there. Our vet is awesome in some respects but nobody is perfect. That's why I like this board so much. I can go to see him informed. I have learned to keep my mouth shut over the years though. If I start telling him what I think it is, he just agrees and treats. He is not into confrontation at all. If I wait for him to explain what is going on I usually learn more. Then I tell him what I've read and that way we both end up getting educated. He is known for being knowledgeable about bulldogs.

Yeah, my boys almost immediately lost their tear stains and their coats are softer and there is no more cheesy/yeast smell emanating from them. I tried the Surf and Turf first and while the tear stains still faded, their coat got thick and almost oily. The beef frittata is good stuff. and they love it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

^^^^^ so true. Vets really are not taught about nutrition (IMO) they just push what they sell at their office
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Dave
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    ^^^^^ so true. Vets really are not taught about nutrition (IMO) they just push what they sell at their office
    You are both so right. My vet just recommended Royal Canin Bulldog dog food, and as luck would have it, he had some in his office.
    I just looked it up and found it is a 2 star food. I'll stick with the fromm, thankyouverymuch.
    While I was paying the bill a woman came to pick up a prescribed food from Royal Canin in what looked like a 25lb bag and I overheard them tell her it was $119. Crazy shtuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads