General Question Food Switch

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Thinking of switching Atty from blue buffalo puppy....I thought about trying blue basics...his tear stains are getting worse bc his eyes are always watery and he seems yeasty with soft poo and tons of shedding....he did so well on it for so long but it doesn't seem to be agreeing with him...he's also 8 months curious as to when you guys switched to adult food

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Love that name! Atticus! Guess you are a fan of "To Kill a Mockingbird"! I switched Petunia to adult food at 1 year...not sure if that is appropriate or not but I did so at the recommendation of my vet.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I had found that when I switched Lola from Fromm puppy to the adult Fromm she really had problems too and I did some searching online and the articles that I read said that 8 month to a year they start showing a lot of their allergies so maybe he has allergies starting to come out. It seems like a lot of bulldogs have problems with grain and chicken so I switched Lola to Earthborn holistic the bison kind because it also doesnt have potatoes which can cause yeast problems. Instead it has pea's. Lola has slowed down her shedding and she has very little gas and firm poop I love it! And when looking at price it is a great value for grain free foods.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Switched to adult arounf 6 months.... been through a few foods but Froom Grain Free Beef Fritatta or Game Bird have been best

Members online

No members online now.