Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 20 of 20

Thread: Single protein source

  1. #13
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bscarpenter View Post
    Vet said anything but poultry. She did mention rabbit more than once. I'll look into Fromm beef frittata. I like the brand, and changing to another Fromm is supposed to be easy.
    The only problem with rabbit is its usually comes from China. Otherwise it's an excellent choice for allergy issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  2. #14
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2727

    Default Re: Single protein source

    Quote Originally Posted by bscarpenter View Post
    Fromm beef frittata has both beef & pork.
    IMHO...I'd still try the Fromm's beef frittata, you're already on it and usually
    bullies do very well on it that are very sensitive to other foods, pork is a low
    allergen generally, for them. If your bully still continues itching-try to stay w/it
    3-4 wks as it takes that long to clear all the old food out of their system, then
    continue onward in your search. Good luck and GOD bless!


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bscarpenter View Post
    Fromm beef frittata has both beef & pork.
    IMHO...I'd still try the Fromm's beef frittata, you're already on it and usually
    bullies do very well on it that are very sensitive to other foods, pork is a low
    allergen generally, for them. If your bully still continues itching-try to stay w/it
    3-4 wks as it takes that long to clear all the old food out of their system, then
    continue onward in your search. Good luck and GOD bless!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  3. #15
    Dog Park Attendant Noyes27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Posts
    420
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    We believe mack to be allergic to all fowl (chicken, turkey, and duck). Currently he is on fromm beef frittata and we have seen a MAJOR improvement in his coat. He is still a little itchy but I think he is still exhausting the many foods we switched him through in a short amount of time. I also believe out its some seasonal allergies too even though it is winter, my allergies have been terrible so I figure he might be the same too

    Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

  4. #16
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Single protein source

    ok there are some single protein foods. pure vita has single protein foods. 3 grain free ones bison, salmon, turkey. acana has 2 duck and pear and lamb and apple. natures variety has 3 actually now duck, turkey, lamb. i can come up with more if you need it. @bscarpenter

  5. #17

    Default Re: Single protein source

    Thank you @cowsmom. What is your opinion? Should I give Fromm Beef Frittata a try or follow vet advice and switch to single protein. I guess the ultimate goal is to narrow any allergy issues down to the protein source, but I really want to just find food that works.

  6. #18
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Single protein source

    Quote Originally Posted by bscarpenter View Post
    Thank you @cowsmom. What is your opinion? Should I give Fromm Beef Frittata a try or follow vet advice and switch to single protein. I guess the ultimate goal is to narrow any allergy issues down to the protein source, but I really want to just find food that works.

    If I were you I would immediately change to the Fromm Beef Frittata. You are currently feeding the chicken and it's amazing how many bullies are allergic to chicken. So before you go through the whole thing of switching to a different food then I would try the beef and see if it is not just the fact that you are using chicken that is the problem!!

    You also have a lot of bulldogs who are allergic to grain ... so if it's the grain that's giving him the itchies and not the chicken then you are still choosing a good flvour to switch to, because you're covering both things! Beef frittata is grain-free ... Chicken is not.

    The Fromm Beef and the Fromm chicken are both in the 4* range .... that means you don't have to do any type of gradual switch. You can switch immediately because the Fromm 4* range is interchangeable. There's nothing stopping you from feeding beef in the morning and then a totally different flavour in the evening.

    Hope that helps .... trying the Beef is the first step in my opinion

  7. #19
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,361
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    If I were you I would immediately change to the Fromm Beef Frittata. You are currently feeding the chicken and it's amazing how many bullies are allergic to chicken. So before you go through the whole thing of switching to a different food then I would try the beef and see if it is not just the fact that you are using chicken that is the problem!!

    You also have a lot of bulldogs who are allergic to grain ... so if it's the grain that's giving him the itchies and not the chicken then you are still choosing a good flvour to switch to, because you're covering both things! Beef frittata is grain-free ... Chicken is not.

    The Fromm Beef and the Fromm chicken are both in the 4* range .... that means you don't have to do any type of gradual switch. You can switch immediately because the Fromm 4* range is interchangeable. There's nothing stopping you from feeding beef in the morning and then a totally different flavour in the evening.

    Hope that helps .... trying the Beef is the first step in my opinion
    Agree completely!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  8. #20
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Single protein source

    ok so is that all there is as far as allergies just some itching? if so i would probably try to stay with the fromm as its good food and lots here use it. its true lots of bullies do better with no chicken or grains but its not all bullies. i do prefer the higher protein in the grain free foods and the fromm beef fritatta has been used here with good success. some also use the game bird recipe to. @bscarpenter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •