Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Dog Food switch Help!

ok i prefer petco over petsmart but there are a few choices here. if your dog is 5/5 months old im thinking you can switch over to adult food now. blue wilderness is excellent food and with a young dog the protein should not be a problem. there is blue freedom which is grain free and less protein. wellness core is good food to. im looking at the innova prime food looks really good although i dont like the p&g connection but it seems to be ok regardless but the protein is high like the wilderness.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rooney
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New Dog Food switch Help!

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    ok i prefer petco over petsmart but there are a few choices here. if your dog is 5/5 months old im thinking you can switch over to adult food now. blue wilderness is excellent food and with a young dog the protein should not be a problem. there is blue freedom which is grain free and less protein. wellness core is good food to. im looking at the innova prime food looks really good although i dont like the p&g connection but it seems to be ok regardless but the protein is high like the wilderness.

The only thing I worry about is him going from the 27-28% protein that Science Diet was to the Blue Buffalo Wilderness that is like 36% Protein. Is the higher protein amount good or bad for the dog? I don't want to make him overweight. I did notice on the new Science Diet I switched him over to he has tear stains now and is starting to go poo more often... Need to switch him to a diff food soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads