General Question What is the best food for my bully?

BubsDaboss

Jan 30, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Bubba is 10 months old today and I have been giving him Royal Canine until about 2 months ago I switched him to Blue Buffalo. My breeder told me to also mix his kibble with some raw chicken gizzards and I have been doing that every other day for about a month. I would really like some advice on what is best to give them as he is still growing. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, your bully is 10 months old, so he is old enough for adult food. You can switch to adult food at 6 or 7 months old. Blue Buffalo is a great food, so if he's doing well on this food you don't have to switch. A lot of people on here including myself feed Fromms Beef Frittata to our bullies, it is a high quality food as well, and is an all stages food as well. It comes in 4 different adult formulas. A lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken, so the beef is good for them. My female Blossom is allergic to Chicken and salmon, so we feed the beef. Both my two do well on this food, and they get 1 cup of kibble in the morning, and I. The evening they get 1 cup of home cooked. We also give them yogurt, cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, cheese strings, and cottage cheese as treats. They also get salmon oil in their kibble, and apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What is best for your bully may not be what is best for another.... I've had two and they had different allergies and needs, but I did find after many trials Fromm Beef Fritatta is what works best for my guys.
Banks has high allergy to chicken and a sensitivity to salmon

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If he is doing well on what you are feeding him, then I would keep him on it. Blue Buffalo is a good food. If he starts to get red or itchy you might stop the chicken gizzards, as some bullies have allergies to chicken.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I wouldn't mix raw meat with kibble. If you want to supplement with chicken, boil the chicken first.

There are lots of good kibble out there. Blue Buffalo - especially the Wilderness line - is really good. Fromm is also good. Nature's Variety, Taste of the Wild, Earthborn Holistics, etc. etc. You can use dogfoodadvisor.com to get some reviews on the food you're wondering about. But, like others have said, what is good for your dog is completely up to your dog.

I raw-feed my dogs now but I've used Blue Wilderness for my dogs and it worked great for Bullie until I got Angus and he showed allergies to any of the BW line due to an allergy to chicken, so I switched to Earthborn and he did well on that and so did Bullie. Interestingly, when we switched to raw food, Angus showed that he was not allergic to raw chicken... So, prey-model raw food worked awesome for us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.