Food Change..

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
One more thing...I was looking back on this post and notice you feed morning and afternoon and then also mention working nights. What is the time span between feedings. Two feeding should be no closer than 10-12 hours apart. I feed 7:30 am and 6-6:30 pm. If her feedings are closer together, then you might try cutting her meals into thirds - morning, afternoon and then midnight while keeping the total amount the same. If feedings are too close then that could cause the inconsistency in her poo, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Haha. I feed her BlueWilderness Puppy ( Six star food ) - When she looks at me and moves her bowl, I don't feed her. Because I don't want her to eat and then go to Zzzz. lol * thats a no no.. . Thanks for the advice. What kind of veggies can I give her? Carrots?

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
One more thing...I was looking back on this post and notice you feed morning and afternoon and then also mention working nights. What is the time span between feedings. Two feeding should be no closer than 10-12 hours apart. I feed 7:30 am and 6-6:30 pm. If her feedings are closer together, then you might try cutting her meals into thirds - morning, afternoon and then midnight while keeping the total amount the same. If feedings are too close then that could cause the inconsistency in her poo, too.
---

I feed at 7:00am and then next feeding is around 8:30pm. - She asks me for food at times when I get home from work but I don't feed her. Is there a way I can split the food for 3 feeding a day?
Probably feeindg 1/2 cup. morning , evenining, when I get home from work? Is that possible or would that cause the soft poop?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Haha. I feed her BlueWilderness Puppy ( Six star food ) - When she looks at me and moves her bowl, I don't feed her. Because I don't want her to eat and then go to Zzzz. lol * thats a no no.. . Thanks for the advice. What kind of veggies can I give her? Carrots?

Wait a minute. You have a puppy right? I thought you had one under 3 months old or something... I would avoid supplementing with table food until you get his poop all cleared up, so no veggies except maybe for pumpkin if his stools are too soft or too firm. If the dog acts like he's still hungry, don't feed veggies for a filler. That would do more harm than good when your dog is exhibiting digestive issues. Give him a Kong or a Bully Stick to occupy him instead.

Okay, like everyone said, measure his food. The recommended Blue Wilderness Puppy amounts are listed on the back of the bag. For an adult size of 50lbs (which most bulldogs end up in), the recommended amount is 1.5-3 cups for puppies between 3 and 5 months old. At this age, you would want to spread this out between 3-4 feedings. Giving a young pup bigger feedings less often could cause loose stools. Some young pups can handle twice a day feedings, some can't. Yours could possibly be one of the can'ts. When the dog reaches 6 months old, then you can try the twice a day and see if his stools remain firm. Now, the feeding guide at the back of the bag is just that - guideline. You will have to adjust the amount of food depending on how your puppy looks - if he's too fat (rolly polly shape, can't easily feel the ribs through the skin, stomach hanging down) lessen the amount food. If he's too skinny (ribs poking out, lethargic), increase the amount of food. Don't just add food just because he's begging you to give him some... dogs are opportunistic feeders, he'll potentially eat 10 cups of food if you give it to him.

At this point, I don't think it's the food that is the problem so I wouldn't switch just yet.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Frozen green beans are usually a big hit. Some raw carrots are okay but start slow and see how she does. My guys also likes steamed broccoli, cauliflower, cooked green beans but then I haven't found anything he won't eat. LOL. If 3 half cup feedings will work with your schedule, then it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.