Food Change..

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I am consider of changing my CoCo Chanel to a diff brand of food. She is currently on Blue Wilderness Puppy.
I am considering to changing her to [h=3]Grain Free Beef Frittata Veg Dry Dog Food - -[/h]Anyone using this?

I notice her poop at times is not solid/hard. At times it comes out hmm , not sure what is that word.. She is on filtered water. I also add some ACV on her water.
The poop smell is :O at times, lol.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well how much you are feeding can have something to do with stool also. if you are overfeeding then it can cause this to. perhaps cut back her food a bit and see if they get better. also any table food or treats can do this also. fromm beef fritatta is used by alot here and is widely liked. will it be good for your pup hard to say.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
well how much you are feeding can have something to do with stool also. if you are overfeeding then it can cause this to. perhaps cut back her food a bit and see if they get better. also any table food or treats can do this also. fromm beef fritatta is used by alot here and is widely liked. will it be good for your pup hard to say.

I am actually feeding her twice daily. I feed her in the morning and afternoon. I am uploading a pic of a similiar- dog bowl I use to feed on her. It is a small bowl. bowl.jpg
I have dog cup and i feel it up to 1/3 and thats what I give her.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I am actually feeding her twice daily. I feed her in the morning and afternoon. I am uploading a pic of a similiar- dog bowl I use to feed on her. It is a small bowl. View attachment 37502
I have dog cup and i feel it up to 1/3 and thats what I give her.
so 1/3 cup twice a day. doesnt sound like alot so how long have u been feeding this food and are there any other problems other than some not so hard :poo:

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
so 1/3 cup twice a day. doesnt sound like alot so how long have u been feeding this food and are there any other problems other than some not so hard :poo:

Indeed is not a lot. I've been feeding her that over ever since I got her. At started with Purina Puppy Chow but realized that was a no no. So I did the transition to move her to Blue Wilderness..
She has some tear stains, but Im working on that. Other than that no other problems.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
She is on filter water. I am adding a teaspoon of ACV on her water. At times her poop is not hard, and at times it is.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Indeed is not a lot. I've been feeding her that over ever since I got her. At started with Purina Puppy Chow but realized that was a no no. So I did the transition to move her to Blue Wilderness..
She has some tear stains, but Im working on that. Other than that no other problems.
well if its not been long then i would give it more time. if its been like a month or so you could try the fromm i would just hate to invite more problems so just add it slow and watch for anything not agreeing with her.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
well if its not been long then i would give it more time. if its been like a month or so you could try the fromm i would just hate to invite more problems so just add it slow and watch for anything not agreeing with her.

Indeed, that's why Im afraid of. I don't want to cause more problems. I still have to order it from Petflow. I am undecided at the moment.. Can I add some pumpkin to help?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yea pumpkin i think 1 teaspoonful or i have used sugar free unflavored metamucil to help with the stool

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Not the filling right? for the pumpkin correct?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Here's how I describe the consistency of Poop , Log like , that's the best, Soft serve, ehhh looks like ice cream cone. Pudding, blahhhh, not desirable, and then cannon butt or squirts, call 911 :weird:

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Here's how I describe the consistency of Poop , Log like , that's the best, Soft serve, ehhh looks like ice cream cone. Pudding, blahhhh, not desirable, and then cannon butt or squirts, call 911 :weird:

Ok. I will log and take pics and upload them. :) :D

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Use a measuring cup to monitor how much you are feeding. The bowl could be deceiving and making it difficult to be precise. If you are feeding her twice a day, then a cup up to a cup and a half should be good depending on how active she is. If she still has soft poo, then it may be an indication that this food may not be best for her. As also mentioned, keep track of how many treats and other foods she gets. Potty treats can add up with frequent trips outside. I now just use a couple of pieces of kibble for potty treats and my boy is just as happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Use a measuring cup to monitor how much you are feeding. The bowl could be deceiving and making it difficult to be precise. If you are feeding her twice a day, then a cup up to a cup and a half should be good depending on how active she is. If she still has soft poo, then it may be an indication that this food may not be best for her. As also mentioned, keep track of how many treats and other foods she gets. Potty treats can add up with frequent trips outside. I now just use a couple of pieces of kibble for potty treats and my boy is just as happy.

-
She is very active. She is always up and down everywhere. I don't give her treats. Can the soft poop be cause I am not feeding her enough? When I get home from work, which is close to midnight. She takes me to the kitchen and waits by her bowl and moves it. ( she is telling me she wants to eat ) - ..

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I don't think soft would be the case if she wasn't getting enough food. Soft from over feeding is because her body is ridding the excess nutrients that it doesn't need/can't absorb during the digestion cycle. Don't let these smart little pups fool you. My pup ALWAYS tries to convince me he is hungry! I don't think he'd ever leave his bowl as long as there was food in it and if he thought nudging his bowl would get me to put food in it, then he would push it all over the house. LOL. They know how to play us. Measure her kibble and if she is getting 2-2.5 cups a day then she is getting plenty, as long as your are feeding her good quality food - like Fromms. The cheaper foods may require more because of the fillers and they also aren't as satisfying. You can also give green beans and other veggies as a filler if she still acts hungry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.