General Question Can poop be too hard?

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey guys! I am wondering if Uni's poop is too firm. It looks like rabbit pellets. She doesn't seem to strain too much when going. My question is how do I tell if it's too hard?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If it doesn't come out its too hard....when the food is right and hig quality, poo, as in waste, is very small and can be pellet like.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sure can be..... may be adding a little canned pure pumpkin will help soften it up

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have no answer but I'm glad you asked the question ... I've been watching my new foster worried she is having trouble with her poo so I'm interested in the answers you get.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If it looks dry or whitish, its too hard, and yes if it doesn't come out and they strain

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah has small poop to sometimes. as long as they are not straining its probably ok. you can always get more water in the diet to help

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
:poo: is so important just like people. . More fiber (pumpkin) and water. It should look like :poo: lol

Its hard to describe. .. I was always told :poo: should be well formed (round) consistent in firmness and long...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When Bea's poo gets a bit too dry or pellet like, I just add more water to the "gravy" they get. I wish Bo's doodie was as wonderful as Bea's. Everyday when I am picking it up, I think, "This has to be the BEST DOG DOO EVER!" I really think that. Every. Day. Last week, Bo had one of these INCREDIBLE CRAPS and I thought I was going to shoot over the moon.

Do you think I need to get a new hobby or something? Like take up knitting maybe or ?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
When Bea's poo gets a bit too dry or pellet like, I just add more water to the "gravy" they get. I wish Bo's doodie was as wonderful as Bea's. Everyday when I am picking it up, I think, "This has to be the BEST DOG DOO EVER!" I really think that. Every. Day. Last week, Bo had one of these INCREDIBLE CRAPS and I thought I was going to shoot over the moon.

Do you think I need to get a new hobby or something? Like take up knitting maybe or ?
um ya think? :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.