Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food ??

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food ??

Her food bowl is SS, but her water bowl was one of the plastic water ones that I fill mutiple x's a day with bpttled Distilled water since I brought her home at 8 weeks, well first she was on our filtered water then she developed tear stains so I switvched to Distilled and she only gets that.

She just turned 7 months and never had itchy skin (just on the shoulder area though) or a pink face.. but since its been warning up shes started. I will try the strydex pads as well if she starts getting the acne.

Just got home from petco with her SS water bowl too by the way

Thanks a bunch all
    Karen & Frankie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

My guy is just over a year old and had been eating Fromms Beef Frittata since he was 4 months old. Changing him to good food was really helpful (thanks EBN), especially keeping him from being all smelly and having to be bathed every other week. But he still had watery eyes and would get pink chin, face and paws as the day progressed and this while taking 2 benadryls twice a day. Then his chin started getting sores and the nose rope was all red and sometimes gunky no matter what wipes, pads or creams I used. Enough! I started researching recipes for treats and now make my own - grain free. His face started getting better but still yeasty. Again I sent out my SOS to EBN and was directed to Natures Variety Instinct. I found out it is Tapioca based instead of potatoes so it helps with yeast problems. The salmon flavor even notes on the bag that its great for allergies and like Fromms the flavors can be switched without tummy issues. We have one more week until he is fully transitioned but his eyes no longer run, he doesn't need the benadryl , and his face and paws are no longer red come evening. Yah! While all dogs respond differently to different foods, I suggest looking into NVI but also examine what other foods your baby might get like treats, bites and licks of people food, chew sticks, etc... Only by process of elimination can you determine the causes of the problem. Good luck!

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corlando465 View Post
    My guy is just over a year old and had been eating Fromms Beef Frittata since he was 4 months old. Changing him to good food was really helpful (thanks EBN), especially keeping him from being all smelly and having to be bathed every other week. But he still had watery eyes and would get pink chin, face and paws as the day progressed and this while taking 2 benadryls twice a day. Then his chin started getting sores and the nose rope was all red and sometimes gunky no matter what wipes, pads or creams I used. Enough! I started researching recipes for treats and now make my own - grain free. His face started getting better but still yeasty. Again I sent out my SOS to EBN and was directed to Natures Variety Instinct. I found out it is Tapioca based instead of potatoes so it helps with yeast problems. The salmon flavor even notes on the bag that its great for allergies and like Fromms the flavors can be switched without tummy issues. We have one more week until he is fully transitioned but his eyes no longer run, he doesn't need the benadryl , and his face and paws are no longer red come evening. Yah! While all dogs respond differently to different foods, I suggest looking into NVI but also examine what other foods your baby might get like treats, bites and licks of people food, chew sticks, etc... Only by process of elimination can you determine the causes of the problem. Good luck!
    Yeah :thumbup: that's awesome! ! Keep up the great job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    I them so much!!!! My life has changed so much since 7/2011
    Colonel 5 yrs old (2011 - Current) -- Ella May 3 yrs old (2012 - Current)
    RIP~ Bebe (2011-2014) 9 yrs old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads