Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Should I switch food?

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiSchoolcraft View Post
    Which formula do you feed. Im STILL looking for the perfect food for bullies with severe allergies.
    Hi @NikkiSchoolcraft - I also use Nature's Variety Instinct formulas for Linus and Truman, mostly because Linus suffered from itching, ear infections, interdigital cysts because I was feeding him junk. The food is made so you can rotate all of the proteins within the Nature's Variety Instinct family - and there's a bunch to choose from - however, English Bulldogs, being the sensitive souls they are tend to do better on one protein than another. We've had good luck with the Nature's Variety Instinct Turkey and Duck formula. We've tried Rabbit, Salmon, and Chicken too but they do best on the Turkey and Duck. They also make accompanying treats you can buy with them - grain free, of course. The main thing that distinguishes Nature's Variety Instinct from other grain free foods is that is doesn't have potatoes or sweet potatoes as a main ingredient and I found the presence of those two ingredients in most grain free foods was increasing the amount of yeast I was seeing on Linus.

I hope that helps!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Should I switch food?

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    Hi @NikkiSchoolcraft - I also use Nature's Variety Instinct formulas for Linus and Truman, mostly because Linus suffered from itching, ear infections, interdigital cysts because I was feeding him junk. The food is made so you can rotate all of the proteins within the Nature's Variety Instinct family - and there's a bunch to choose from - however, English Bulldogs, being the sensitive souls they are tend to do better on one protein than another. We've had good luck with the Nature's Variety Instinct Turkey and Duck formula. We've tried Rabbit, Salmon, and Chicken too but they do best on the Turkey and Duck. They also make accompanying treats you can buy with them - grain free, of course. The main thing that distinguishes Nature's Variety Instinct from other grain free foods is that is doesn't have potatoes or sweet potatoes as a main ingredient and I found the presence of those two ingredients in most grain free foods was increasing the amount of yeast I was seeing on Linus.

I hope that helps!

Yes, It helps alot. I have always fed "quality" foods, but now that I have 3 bullies each with their own food issues, its been a challenge. Winston cant eat chicken, Hitch cant eat lamb, and Laya has protein and grain allergies. I have also noticed that the yeast is an on going issue. I will definately try Nature's Variety next. Thanks!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads