porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
She is wickeddddddd picky lol I have a longer list of stuff she doesn't like than I do what she does!!!!! Her favorite is apples she will eat apples all day if I let her but wouldn't to much fruit, being citric acids n sugars be bad? She hates green beans I love them so we always have them I've tried frozen, nope, canned no salt, nope, fresh they r fun to fling around the house lol but I do like the idea of 1/2 food half bean!!! I haven't tried yellow wax yet maybe ill give them a go :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
EBN is acting up for me but I dont see that extra 10 pounds the vet sees. It she was 50, that would make 10# equal 20% overweight... no way. She is not THAT 'noticeable'. Maybe try the diet and take off a few and see how she looks.
Pix are hard to read in this as the camera angle makes a big difference. What you are looking for is, if viewed from directly above you should see a 'waist' behind her bottom rib.You shouldnt necessarily see all her ribs. That is getting a bit too light. Run your hand along her side and you should barely feel her ribs. Like they say, there should be some meat on her bones and still have a waist.

Edit: 60 is on the top end for a female bully. I still contend that she doesnt look that 'noticeable' from the pix.

I don't think she is either I gotta get a good pic of her because she is built like a boy lol I can feel all her ribs without applying any pressure but I can't see them at all she is starting to get a waist but isn't there yet lol she was over 75lbs from a house guest always feeding her his dinner but once he left she dropped down to where she is now.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I don't think she is either I gotta get a good pic of her because she is built like a boy lol I can feel all her ribs without applying any pressure but I can't see them at all she is starting to get a waist but isn't there yet lol she was over 75lbs from a house guest always feeding her his dinner but once he left she dropped down to where she is now.

I got a little better of a photo ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360696193.310637.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Doesn't look like she has missed any meals in that photo.... maybe she could lose another 10 pounds after all.. LOL Go for 5#s and then decide if she needs to loose another 5.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I agree, she could lose a few pounds, thanks for the extra pics of Miss Chunky Cutie Pie :havemyheart:

If you want to continue to feed 2 full cups and a little before bedtime then you can mix her
Fromm w/unsalted green beans, try chopping them into small pieces in the blender so she
will eat them in her food instead of being able to play w/them I'd cut out the string cheese
for now and once or twice a week, give her a couple of small sardines (water packed) and
a very easy (runny) boiled egg, at different times as a treat. It'll give her needed calcium &
other good things. Since she is growing (widening out) don't be too concerned about trying
lessening of protein right now, maybe after she's 3 y/o After she's lost 5 or 6 lbs, give her
ONE piece of full fat dairy, string cheese but only ONCE a week, if you're giving the boiled egg
and sardines a couple times a week too. When she's well, more exercise, as in walking
:yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"After she's lost 5 or 6 lbs, give her ONE piece of full fat dairy, string cheese but only
ONCE a week, if you're giving the boiled egg and sardines a couple times a week too.
When she's well, more exercise, as in walking
:yes:"

The reason, I suggest FULL FAT... is low or no fat foods get ADDED SUGAR
:nope:

Healthy sources of FATS is a good thang! Society has this backa$$wards, we need
these for optimum fuel and people and dogs will burn these off if properly active and
not gain weight as feared. Love y'all much...Happy Valentines, my sweet girls!

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
"After she's lost 5 or 6 lbs, give her ONE piece of full fat dairy, string cheese but only
ONCE a week, if you're giving the boiled egg and sardines a couple times a week too.
When she's well, more exercise, as in walking
:yes:"

The reason, I suggest FULL FAT... is low or no fat foods get ADDED SUGAR
:nope:

Healthy sources of FATS is a good thang! Society has this backa$$wards, we need
these for optimum fuel and people and dogs will burn these off if properly active and
not gain weight as feared. Love y'all much...Happy Valentines, my sweet girls!

Oooo sardines I never even thought of trying those :) thank u n happy valentines day carol :)

Members online

No members online now.