URGENT!!! Fromm Or Origen HELP NEEDED !

CoCo Flores

Jan 16, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, CAN
Bulldog(s) Names
CoCo
please i need advice, my bully is now 1 year old and i am now switching because she was on Royal Canin Puppy! i was going to put her on Royal Canin Bulldog but thanks to this site I just saw that Royal Canin is the worst thing i could give to my bully ! Here in Montreal,Canada is very difficult to find the brands that are the best for the bullys... i get "Origin" or "Fromm" !! plese advice ! thank you !!

***She's a very active dog, 1year old 45.7lbs ***

IMG_0943.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
please i need advice, my bully is now 1 year old and i am now switching because she was on Royal Canin Puppy! i was going to put her on Royal Canin Bulldog but thanks to this site I just saw that Royal Canin is the worst thing i could give to my bully ! Here in Montreal,Canada is very difficult to find the brands that are the best for the bullys... i get "Origin" or "Fromm" !! plese advice ! thank you !!

***She's a very active dog, 1year old 45.7lbs ***

View attachment 36937

my goodness she a good looking bully, it's entirely up to you honey. lots of people swear by Fromm, I've fed my gang Fromm and they do love it. But for us, we are getting out of the kibble war's , it's going to be raw for us.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im thinking orijen would be to much protein for a bully perhaps acana would be better. either acana or fromm would be good. i would perhaps try a grain free one but its up to you.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Wow you have 2 gorgeous pups! Is that a pitbull? I just love pittys :)

I would reccommend Fromm out of any dog food there is! The grain free line is amazing and whats good about it is you can switch easily with no transisition through their flavors. You can order through Petflow and its free shipping on orders over $49 :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I would prefer high protein-low carb than low protein-high carb. In nutritional analysis of dry kibble, the low protein ratio is usually because it is high in carbs. High protein is good for any breed of dog unless the dog has an illness that requires a low protein intake. It used to be that vets would shy from high protein kibble due to fear of renal problems. Modern science has debunked this theory and is now pointing to more cases of illnesses due to a protein deficiency in kibble-fed dogs. Just a note that not all proteins are created equal. My leather shoe is high protein - the dog can eat it and wouldn't get any nutritional benefit from it because the protein is not bio-available. In dogs, proteins from animals is more bio-available than proteins from plants. So, a high protein food with corn as the main ingredient is not as good as a high protein food with beef as the main ingredient.

Both Orijen and Fromm are good products. You can try either one and see how your dog reacts to it. It can possibly be that your dog will choose the food for him.

Good luck.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.