Help Needed! Help with food >>>>>

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi guys....
Charlie is 9 months and he is doing amazing so far. Last few weeks he stop eating for some reason. I tried to mix his food with some eggs but after 2 days he got some red spots so stop doing it, then I tried to add some Canola oil and it works amazing for 3 days and again we are on the same page He only eats whenever he feels like it. He wasnt like that.

So I need some suggestions... This is Charlie food history so far and his reactions.

Blue Wilderness >> sever tear stains but after cleaning them with ACV, Desitin and baby powder everything he looks amazing.
Earthborn Holistic Great Plains >> very bad hot spots
Current food is Earthborn Holistic Meadow Feast is doing great on that but he is not eating well..

I know most people will recommend FROMM but Im open for more suggestions. tks
@cowsmom, @JeannieCO, [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Perhaps he just doesn't like the food. I was just feeding my 5 bully's Nrutisca lamb and chickpea
It's grain free and potato free. No chicken added.

I'm going to start raw this week and I'm very excited about that. will be grinding my own food

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
My family has an old pug, who was doing great on his food but wasn't eating after a while, we didn't want to change in fear the next food wouldn't work so good for him. We started adding a spoonful of the wet food (same brand/flavor) and he has never missed a feeding yet!
He also eats it better because it softens the food and he is 14 yrs I think so eating was becoming a little harder for him. I know your bully is young, but just had to add that.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My family has an old pug, who was doing great on his food but wasn't eating after a while, we didn't want to change in fear the next food wouldn't work so good for him. We started adding a spoonful of the wet food (same brand/flavor) and he has never missed a feeding yet!
He also eats it better because it softens the food and he is 14 yrs I think so eating was becoming a little harder for him. I know your bully is young, but just had to add that.

yes this is true, making it wet or adding more flavor does make a difference in the taste and texture.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok well you can do one of two things. add some canned food or some broth or yogurt perhaps to the food so he will eat it. if you want new food then nvi limited ingredient lamb is almost the same thing and acana makes a lamb and apple one. there is nutrisca with lamb also. nutrisource makes a grain free lamb one. if you need more ill be around

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sometimes they just don't like the food or are picky eaters. I have two here that are picky eaters and we add a little Feta Cheese to their food and that works pretty well.

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] tks
So what i did so far... tried salmon oil (failed), tried to put his food wet (failed) but I got NVI Beef meal and lamb and he likes it. My question is he got some hot spots with previous food (bison). beef will be safe?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You dont know til you try. Every bully is different. HRH gets a dollop of yogurt in her breakfast and seems to enjoy that... I think she enjoys wiping her mouth on my leg afterwards too. :laugh:

nando1301

May 6, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha (Sam)
I know everyone goes for the 5 stars dog food but again it's all about what is good for them health wise. I feed my EB with Nutro Ultra adult or weight gain dog food she never had skin problems or allergies. She is very healthy, active and her coat super healthy and shinny. I get complements of her shape just the other day I took her to the dog park and other bulldog owners asked me what kind of food she eats since she was so active running and climbing the benches were we were sitting. I feed her 2 cups a day with 2 caps of olive oil, a capsule of fish oil and 2 spoons of 100% pure pumpkin (can). Once in a while I like to giver her more veggies added to her regular dog food so far she eats all kind of veggies everything in moderation of corse. Do some homework and check it out Nutro Ultra. Good Luck. :2thumbs:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I feed NVI Limited Ingredient and my bullies had VERY similar reactions to the ones you outline in your initial post. It might be worth a try!

OP
C

CharlieFL

Jul 16, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
UPDATE.. Second day on NVI beef and lamb, of course doing slow transition, and so far he loves it. No hot spot. Im so happy. thank you [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
I dont even have to use Canola oil to get his attention LOL.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
that is fantastic. keep us updated and i hope this continues. :2thumbs: i have a boston who was very finicky to till i found acana.

Members online

No members online now.