PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Cost of ingredients to make homemade kibble for six dogs for a week....$15.00

Amount of time to prepare and cook kibble....about three hours

Look on the faces of the kids when they walk in the kitchen and say "OMG Pops!!!!! That smells GREAT!!!! What are you cooking?" and I say "Dog food...."...... PRICELESS :ROFL:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!! That's it??? $15 for 6 fur-kids!!!!!

I have 8 dogs ..... you can imagine the cost of doggy food for me.

Can I pick your brains???? What kind of stuff do you make? Then do you make up individual portions and freeze it??

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Too cute, I also am interested in your recipe and what you use. I home cook half their meals , they get Fromms Beef Frittata in the morning, and in the evening I give them home cooked. I use ground beef, frozen mixed vegetables, green beans, and brown rice, but would be interested in what you use and how you make your homemade kibble, and I would like to at least try it. Do you need to use any supplements, or vitamins in the food? How do their poops look? My Blossom is sensitive or allergic to many things, like chicken, salmon, corn and grains so far, we switched dog foods 4 times before we started the Fromms Beef, and they both do really well on this food, poops are firm but soft, they go regular, about 3 times a day, and I find their poops don't smell as much as before. Any information or advice , or if you could share your recipe would be appreciated. I'm always looking for healthier, foods and methods of making their foods without the added chemicals, additives, and preservatives that they put in commercial dog foods. Thank you for any help or information you can share.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I use the recipe I found here for the base.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/recipes-english-bulldogs/15819-homemade-kibbles.html

Then I add some chicken or beef depending on what broth I use. As far as the broth, eggs, and meat, I use what we have raised here on the Ranch. It's all cage, steroid, and preservative free. I am going to start incorporating some fresh Ranch raised vegi's soon.

When I cook it, I keep it soft (almost like a cake). Our Chiuaua is just under fifteen years old and likes it soft.

I only supplement the food with Gracie (she's the only bully) with some salmon oil in the morning feeding, and a hard boiled egg once a week. Once she gets a little older, she'll get the shell too.

Poops are firm and yellowish. Smell isn't bad, but I'm going to find something to help with Gracie's gas (I don't think it's the food, I think it's just bully).

Our fur babies get fed once in the morning and once right after our supper. I'll take and post a pic of the next feeding frenzy lol

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Once she gets a little older, she'll get the shell too.

Glad you like my recipe :)

Can I make a suggestion? Give her the shell now, don't wait until she is older. Her body needs the calcium for proper bone and muscle growth. All dogs needs calcium but it is extra important when they are young.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Roger that, will do. Thanks for the advice and awesome recipe!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use the recipe I found here for the base.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/recipes-english-bulldogs/15819-homemade-kibbles.html

Then I add some chicken or beef depending on what broth I use. As far as the broth, eggs, and meat, I use what we have raised here on the Ranch. It's all cage, steroid, and preservative free. I am going to start incorporating some fresh Ranch raised vegi's soon.

When I cook it, I keep it soft (almost like a cake). Our Chiuaua is just under fifteen years old and likes it soft.

I only supplement the food with Gracie (she's the only bully) with some salmon oil in the morning feeding, and a hard boiled egg once a week. Once she gets a little older, she'll get the shell too.

Poops are firm and yellowish. Smell isn't bad, but I'm going to find something to help with Gracie's gas (I don't think it's the food, I think it's just bully).

Our fur babies get fed once in the morning and once right after our supper. I'll take and post a pic of the next feeding frenzy lol

I'm tempted to give this a go ... just finding the time to get started! But $15 a week is a lot of temptation to resist!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online