Thread: Puppy food

Bulldog(s) Names
    Beaux
    Likes (Received)

Default Puppy food

My puppy is 4 mths old and is currently on Blue Buffalo Grain free Freedom food. The food is great and he lOves it, just wondering at what age do you guys start to transition to adult food? I notice some people have said on different threads that they never used/use puppy food, but since mine was on cheaper food, i transistioned him to the puppy food.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member flkjr2's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Z
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy food

Hey! Cute pup!! I believe 6 months is when you should switch. Most of the food I have noticed people using with their bulldogs are all life stage foods.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flkjr2 View Post
    Hey! Cute pup!! I believe 6 months is when you should switch. Most of the food I have noticed people using with their bulldogs are all life stage foods.
    I'm an all stager myself, started when remi was 3 month. My only excuse is because bully's aren't active and I want to keep him lean to prevent issues.

I've gotten compliments on his weight from professionals, so feeling solid about the decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy food

A good age to transition from puppy to adult food is at 6 or 7 months old. Puppies need the extra calories, fat, and vitamins that are in puppy food for their rapid growth and development. I switched my 2 guys to adult food when they were 7 months old, I feed them Fromms Beef Fritata, in the morning, and I feed them home cooked in the evening.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Remove Ads