General Question Homemade Kibble

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Okay, so I'm feeding all our dogs homemade kibble. Wheat flour, brown rice, powdered milk, eggs, lard, chicken/beef stock. Everything except for the rice is home grown here or locally. I'm keeping an eye out for signs of allergies, and see none so far. What else should I be feeding and how much, how often? Thanks all!!!! :D

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Hmm, I suppose that would depend on the nutritional and caloric content of the food you are making. You would need that information to get a good guideline on how much to feed so if you got that recipe from somewhere, I'd see if they have recommendations.

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I got the recipe from the recipe thread in our community. I'll have to do some research to find out the nutritional value and caloric intake due to the fact that everything comes from the back yard and isn't processed in anyway. My main concern is proteins. I've read lots in the archives about mixing raw with kibble but don't know where else to get proteins from.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im thinking you could just cook some chicken or beef and add to it as i would prefer some meat protein also. also this kibble you make is it cooked or not. im thinking that processed grocery store kibble is different than this and that you could add some raw to it but im no expert. you could also just add a vitamin to this and then they would be getting what they need i think alot here use nuvet but i just buy one from petco. @savemejeebus maybe can help here

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.