Other Homemade kibble

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Today is day one of just straight homemade kibble for ALL the dogs. They seem to really enjoy it although as I type this Skye is looking for some gas masks. I made two batches of beef and one of chicken. Almost everything came from here on the Ranch except the rice (looking into trying to grow some this year), and is completely organic. I'll keep you all informed. Right now we have Gracie, a standard Yorkie, a tea cup Yorkie, a weenie dog, an English springer mix, a 15 year old chihuahua, and a Siamese rag doll cat who thinks he's a dog. Plenty of diversity for our little experiment lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 139

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Pleased to have your input on the home made kibble, thank you for sharing with us.

I seem to have much in common w/you & Skye-was married for 12 yrs to a guy from
Jackson, Ms, we drag raced funny cars & drag boats all over MS, TX & LA, lived in McComb
for 1 yr, then divorced him & moved to Dallas. Have owned a Springer Spaniel, Pecos...great
dog! I am thinking of putting raised beds in my back yard to raise organic veggies and maybe
a few chickens. Changing my diet to mostly grain free, sugar free, & going organic 2 yrs ago
has greatly improved my life-wished I'd done this yrs ago. As I've said, I grew up a military
brat and like you, people have difficulty guessing WHERE I'm from, my accent is a little bit this
and that, lol

Have really enjoyed your posts & input here...GOD bless!

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Thank you for the kind words.:) I enjoy meeting new people who share the same love we do. Any group of people who join together for a specific reason will always have a feel of comradery about it. Spending as many years as we have in the Army kind of makes need to have that feel around us. That's why we are members of a motorcycle club, that's why we are active participants in the Patriot Guard Riders. That's why we sought out other EB skin parents. The knowledge of a collective of people is far superior than just one. And the joys, laughs, and support it difficult times is also superior. I also feel that we might have a lot more in common than just the Military and our Bullies. Usually one common interest is a gateway to many more. Skye and I bought this place about eight years ago knowing we wanted to try to be as independent as we could when we retired. We rented it out until last year when we finally got our discharge orders. Since then we've planted a decent amount and variety of crops, raise chickens both for eggs and meat, have a dairy cow which yields about two gallons of milk a day, two calves, which are in rotation for slaughter, three pigs, and some goats. We live in an old, small community and do a lot of bartering (I trade eggs for wheat flour etc). And if someone has knowledge or the time and ability to help someone out, we jump right in. That's one of the things I like about EBN. It feels like an actual (not online) community. But if you can start doing it, get off the grid. It's nice to know you don't have to rely Wal-Mart to feed you lol. Besides....there's no way I could afford to feed this family if I had to pay the going rate of food lol. But I will keep you posted on this. I'm kinda new to this organic/raw dog food thing and sometimes I feel like I'm blind. But I hope that my observations and posts will help someone who's trying the same thing.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Forgot to add, I too, forgot to add that I've got a Ragdoll cat, CoCo Chanel
and have had dirt bikes and a black Honda 750 Chopper back w/my 1st Hubby.

Always wanted a Yorkie but now, after having Brutus, I'm HOOKED on bullies!

I can't wait to get Little Bee on Febr 8th from
@Davidh...trying not to be nervous
if she will like us!

OP
PapaSmurf2

PapaSmurf2

Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I don't think you have anything to be nervous about....of course she's going to LOVE you...you'll spoil her lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds awesome and yummy, please keep us posted on the outcome! :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)