Help Needed! My Bully is 1 Year old Need FOOD advice !

CoCo Flores

Jan 16, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, CAN
Bulldog(s) Names
CoCo
My Bully is 1 year old today! Im actually switching food from puppy to Adult Food as soon as the bag is finished. I was going to give her Royal Canin Bulldog since she was already on Royal Canin Puppy. But after reading post about bad food and roayl canin gettin 2 stars out of 6, well I'm want to switch. I would like to have any suggestions, i was thinking Origens...

Thank you !

CoCo
IMG_0903.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my 2 also were on Royal Canin as pups from the breeder, but after learning about food ratings on this site, I switched my guys at 7 months to Fromms Beef Frittata. A lot of people here seem to feed this brand to their dogs.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: and :birthday: CoCo

about the food switch, you might want to do it slowly. take about 2 weeks to transition and add 1 tablespoon of plain pumpkin during this time. You read correct about the Royal Canin it isn't a good food. Most people on here that feed their bully's kibble feed a grain free food. The site's list is very helpful. How has CoCo been doing on the Royal Canin, if she does okay and it aint broke, don't fix it.

OP
C

CoCo Flores

Jan 16, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, CAN
Bulldog(s) Names
CoCo
:smileywelcome: and :birthday: CoCo

about the food switch, you might want to do it slowly. take about 2 weeks to transition and add 1 tablespoon of plain pumpkin during this time. You read correct about the Royal Canin it isn't a good food. Most people on here that feed their bully's kibble feed a grain free food. The site's list is very helpful. How has CoCo been doing on the Royal Canin, if she does okay and it aint broke, don't fix it.

Shes actually doing good, thanks for asking. CoCo is a very Very active Bulldog so i thinks it helps a lot, but like i was saying switching to Royal Canin Bulldog is my next step, i'm thinking of switching it, thinking more of the future, trying to keep my girl as long as posible :)

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
I am no help in the kibble department but just saying hello! What's with all these bulldogs in Canada on the Royal Canin right from the breeder?? Must be some good deal! Your beautiful [MENTION=7851]CoCo Flores[/MENTION] deserves something better. Welcome aboard :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have to agree with [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] - if it's working for you, don't tinker with it! I learned this lesson the hard way. Although Royal Canin isn't the best, you could do worse and, most importantly, if your bully isn't showing signs of allergies or other problems, just keep going with it!

I had mine on a decent food and I made a switch just for the heck of it and I STILL haven't gotten the allergies to where they were before my ill-fated decision!

Good luck - Coco is adorable!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.