General Question PureVita Dog Food

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Just wondering if any of you have used this food? It is rated 4 stars and I just met an EBD owner who owns the Pet Botique I was just in. He has 5 dogs (only 1 EBD) and swears by this food. He uses the Bison Grain free. I was interested in Natures Variety Raw Boost which he also sells, but he said he has done extensive research on foods and highly recommends this brand and Merrick. Price wise, they are about the same, but he feels the Purevita is processed better and his dogs are thriving on it.
After a long talk with my Vet today, he truly believes Bogey is not tolerating the Fromms. In just 24 hours of stopping his kibble, his stools are beautiful, small and very firm. He did not even have to take the Flagyl this time. So, we are on beef and rice for a few days and then we must decide what to start slowly with. I thought I had my mind made up to try the Natures Instinct Raw Boost, until I met this guy today.
Any knowledge out there???

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Food is a big question and I know everyone on here swears by fromm but it doesn't work for every bully. I would try that food if you think it is best and if that doesn't work I would look into and try to find what he is allergic too. Maybe the grain? Lola has done tons better since we went grain free!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
It is so good to hear that someone highly recommended Pure Vita because I do feed it to my bully & I think it is a good food. Although, I don't know much about dog food!

My Vet said everything looks great, his weight is great, so keep feeding him whatever I'm feeding him. The only thing I have noticed that I don't like about Pure Vita is it makes him poop a lot more often!! So I'm slowly trying to switch him to Fromm because everyone here swears by it! Fromm seems to give him softer stools though so I'm transitioning verrry slowly!

I think you should try it & see how he does! It helped out a lot with Debo's allergies!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hey mary [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] i know im late but i do like this food the pure vita. there is another thread not to far down in this section about the pure vita with 23 responses so you may want to go look at that one to. ive used pure vita and it was good with my dogs and i like because the grain free ones turkey, salmon, and bison are truly one protein foods. now is it nvi raw boost no? nvi raw boost is great food and i have also fed it to my bostons mixed with their reg kibble and they seemed to do great on it. so the question is which one will your bully do good on? if your bully is ok with allergies perhaps the raw boost. if your bully is allergy prone perhaps the pure vita. also the pure vita is like 25% protein and the raw boost is like 35 so you have to consider that to. if you need more help im around :D

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
hey mary @mer55 i know im late but i do like this food the pure vita. there is another thread not to far down in this section about the pure vita with 23 responses so you may want to go look at that one to. ive used pure vita and it was good with my dogs and i like because the grain free ones turkey, salmon, and bison are truly one protein foods. now is it nvi raw boost no? nvi raw boost is great food and i have also fed it to my bostons mixed with their reg kibble and they seemed to do great on it. so the question is which one will your bully do good on? if your bully is ok with allergies perhaps the raw boost. if your bully is allergy prone perhaps the pure vita. also the pure vita is like 25% protein and the raw boost is like 35 so you have to consider that to. if you need more help im around :D

Thanks for your input! I have started him on the Purevita Bison and he is doing well on it. Now I know what normal stool is suppose to look like! He is pooping large amounts, but it is very firm and dark brown. On fromms the early morning one was formed, but as the day wore on, they became soft serve and butterscotch color. I just think it was too rich for him. I am aware of the less protein, but I am going to be adding NVI raw medallions with his kibble once i am sure he is completely tolerating it. The fiber in the Purevita is higher than NVI so it was a trade off. We'll see how it goes. The dealer I get it from mixes the Purevita with Merrick 50/50. He feels these are the best dog foods and likes the variety. So far, so good! We'll keep you posted!! Thanks again!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks for your input! I have started him on the Purevita Bison and he is doing well on it. Now I know what normal stool is suppose to look like! He is pooping large amounts, but it is very firm and dark brown. On fromms the early morning one was formed, but as the day wore on, they became soft serve and butterscotch color. I just think it was too rich for him. I am aware of the less protein, but I am going to be adding NVI raw medallions with his kibble once i am sure he is completely tolerating it. The fiber in the Purevita is higher than NVI so it was a trade off. We'll see how it goes. The dealer I get it from mixes the Purevita with Merrick 50/50. He feels these are the best dog foods and likes the variety. So far, so good! We'll keep you posted!! Thanks again!
sounds like a plan keep me updated. :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.