Other Fingers Crossed it works!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So we have officially started home cooking for Winston to try to get his paw situation under control! We have started him out very basic, hamburger meat, kidney beans, and green beans plus his NuVet vitamin. I am going to do that for a week and then try to add in some rice and see what happens. He absolutely loves it! I just hope it works because it seems like the allergy has spread to his little tail :( there is a red bump on it that is irritated almost as if he was rubbing up against things trying to scratch it. I have been cleaning it and applying neosporin and it seems to be healing and the scratching is subsiding a bit. It has only been a day and a half so I am hoping in a few days I will have good news to report! Keep your fingers crossed for us!! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GOOD luck and keep us posted on his progress

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great...I hope it works! May I suggest that you stick with the limited 3 incredients as long as you see real improvement....

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Great...I hope it works! May I suggest that you stick with the limited 3 incredients as long as you see real improvement....

Thank you!! :) I have no problem sticking with those 3 ingredients (he loves them), I just wasn't sure if adding rice or pasta would benefit him at all??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good luck, and I hope it works for you.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Thank you!! :) I have no problem sticking with those 3 ingredients (he loves them), I just wasn't sure if adding rice or pasta would benefit him at all??

In my opinion...no...too much carbs...rather give some different protein source.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Ok so I need some help! Last night I went home to Winston's nose rope being all wet and gooky..which only means one thing hes allergic to something in the food...after doing some research I think I figured out the culprit, beans! Even though he was on a limited ingredient food it had peas in it which would explain sooo much! I am going to try to remove the green beans first to see if he can eat kidney beans because I was reading that they may not be allergic to all beans. If he in fact is allergic to beans what else can I mix with the beef? It looks like home cooking is going to be the way to go as Winston is also allergic to carrots. Trying to find a food without peas or carrots is well near impossible! I would appreciate any suggestions!! Thanks so much!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online