How much food for puppy?

Twiegs

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hello,

How many cups of food should my 14 week old puppy be eating? He is on Fromms puppy.

Thank you!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake got 1/2 cup 3 times a day...but he wasn't on puppy food. Let's see if we can get some puppy food people here.
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION].. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION].. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION].. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

OP
T

Twiegs

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Forgot to mention that he currently weighs 19 pounds.

Thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
2 cups a day is about right. on the back of the bag is a scale for large breed, weight at this time, and how much to feed.
If puppy is pooping runny you may be feeding too much.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can feed between 1/2 to 3/4 cup three times a day. When ours were 16 weeks we were feeding them 3/4 cup 3 times a day and increase this amount as they grow. If their poop gets soft cut back a little on the food, if they start to get skinny and their poop is hard increase their food. It is a balancing act until you figure it out. Once they get about 6 months old you can go to twice a day but feed the same amount, just slit up. By then they should be eating about 2 1/2 to 3 cups a day. Once they get to about one years of age is when you will cup back a little.

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
My vet said we can pretty much feed him what he will eat since he's a growing & active puppy. Brock eats a 1/2 cup in the morning, 3/4 - 1 for lunch & 1 - 1 &1/2 cups for dinner so between 2 - 3 cups depending on his day. We figured out what he would eat by just going in 1/4 cup measurements until he was no longer interested in his food, if I put in too much he'll just leave it so you could always try that method until you get your puppy's eating habit. He's almost 18 weeks & is about 23 lbs right now.

OP
T

Twiegs

Dec 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thank you for the feedback. Sounds like my little guy is on track eating 2 1/2 cups per day.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
To be honest, I can't remember how much I fed my guys but I believe it was what the recommended amount was. I only fed 3 times a day for just a bit. I had to go to twice a day pretty fast due to work. I did free feed them initially but I am not fond of that since it's not safe if they choke on the kibble.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
When my guys were small puppies, we fed them 1 cup three times a day , 8 am, 2pm, and 8 am, then when they turned 7 months, we switched them to adult food, Fromms Beef Frittata, and we switched to twice a day feedings, they get 1 1/2 cups in the morning, and 1 1/2 cups in the evening. You can feed 3/4 or 1 cup three times a day, and see how your pup does, if poops are not runny, and they are a good weight, then that will be the right amount. A puppy generally needs more calories, fat, and vitamins for their rapid growth and development.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online