Help Needed! No blue buffalo lamb and oatmeal adult?

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Ok so I have Linus on BB lamb and oatmeal puppy and have been super happy. When I brought him home he had tear stains and looked red and yeasty. He was on Victor all stages at the time and it was a beef and rice formula. I switched him to the lamb and oatmeal and he cleared right up. Now that he is going on 6 months I want to switch him over to an adult formula.....EXCEPT THERE IS NO ADULT LAMB AND OATMEAL!! Now I am freaking out! They have a lamb and RICE version.....and FISH and oatmeal......but no lamb and oatmeal! What do I do now? I don't want him to get all yeasty again! I'm so mad!! I also don't want to play around with foods to find another that is compatible with him! Isn't rice an allergine to EB's? Like chicken? Anyone ever made the jump from an oatmeal formula to some other grain? I really want to stick to lamb as my protein.......anyone have any thoughts?

Today's picture of Linus...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358628911.649263.jpg

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=5443]Wrangler[/MENTION] ok dont panic. if you look at the ingredients the puppy lamb and oatmeal has brown rice in it and if you look they are really almost identical in ingredients so i dont see why the adult lamb and rice would not be ok to feed your dog. the only thing im not really thrilled with is the low protein of the adult forumla. 22 percent is not very much especially when dealing with bullies. you may want to add some protein to your dogs food if you feed this. just a suggestion of course.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=5443]Wrangler[/MENTION] ok dont panic. if you look at the ingredients the puppy lamb and oatmeal has brown rice in it and if you look they are really almost identical in ingredients so i dont see why the adult lamb and rice would not be ok to feed your dog. the only thing im not really thrilled with is the low protein of the adult forumla. 22 percent is not very much especially when dealing with bullies. you may want to add some protein to your dogs food if you feed this. just a suggestion of course.

And that's why she is the dog food :yoda:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
I thought I would update on this thread. I switched to the lamb and rice formula and within the month I noticed Linus chewing on his feet. He never did this before I switched and nothing else has changed so I am attributing the chewing to the rice. I have switched to TOTW fish/sweet potato. I will update later if this solves his problems.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I feel your frustration...let us know how it goes.

Just love the pic of him, plant a kiss on his adorable face for me!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck with the change..... keep us posted

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if he is getting older his allergies may just be showing up full force. keep us updated with the change and as always im around to help :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.