General Question Beneful is HORRIBLE

Stoagie713

Sep 12, 2012
Vacaville, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stoagie
First off, NO I do not feed my furrbaby that. I feed him Fromm.
Now! One of my close friends has a malamute and was feeding him Beneful....apparently he was getting sick at least twice a week and would throw up. This has been going on for awhile and she just thought that her dog had a sensitive stomach. Today she searched up the food and found all these complaints about peoples dogs having liver failure, diarrhea, vomiting, and even DEATH from this dog food. So horrible!!!! I'm glad I never even thought of that food for my Stoagie.
I just can't believe there hasn't been recall....isn't there anything we can do about that???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hate HATE HATE HATE Beneful, it has to be one of the worst of the worst of the worst! I kringe when the commericials come on the TV.... hubby laughs and teases me. He says look it has steak and veggies falling from the sky, it's gotta be good stuff. Get our bulldogs off that expensive stuff and feed them that. HE IS ONLY TEASING of course!!! He is saying what most consumers would think by seeing their commercial.

I based this article on Beneful. That is how much I hate the stuff!! http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...g-Dog-Food-Labels-and-Finding-Bad-Ingredients

Did I mention how much I hate Beneful?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was next to a lady at walmart buying it for her pet and I wanted to run my mouth and tell her what that is doing to her dog! Drives me crazy!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Glad to say we don't have Beneful here but I am sure there is something as nasty as that here thou.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If you can buy it in a grocery store -- it most likely is a bad food.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
the only thing ive seen in the grocery store that is even close to being ok was purina one beyond but it had menadione in it still. i cringe when i see people tooling out with these big bags. even when i go to petco i cringe when i see big bags of science diet or iams going out. grrrr.

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
My inlaws have been feeding their schnauzer iams for many years. How do you tell people they are feeding bad food?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i dont usually unless there is a problem with the dog. like say paw licking or some other allergy thing then that leaves the door open to say well maybe its the food then go from there. if there dog looks fabulous and is doing great well i dont think your going to convince them to not feed it. its all in the oppotunity that presents itself.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I was next to a lady at walmart buying it for her pet and I wanted to run my mouth and tell her what that is doing to her dog! Drives me crazy!

I always have a commentary going on in my head when I see huge bags of puppy chow, beneful, pedigree, and worst of all Ol'roy! But, I just keep it to myself but i'm thinking it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I received a e mail from a website on Facebook (Dog Journal ) that sends me information, it was a video about dog food and what ingredients are in commercial kibble, it was a story of this mans' dog who died of liver and kidney failure due to toxic ingredients in the food. I knew that the cheap grocery store and Walmart type stores brands of dog food were bad foods, but until I watched this video, I didn't know how bad they were or what exactly was in these foods. It says that the first meat source comes from bad or rotten meat that can't be sold for us humans, the second source dog food companies get their meat from is from the shelters, euthanized dogs and cats are used , these animals are injected with Phenobarbital to put them to sleep, and this drug stays in their bodies after death, and this is found in the dog food. Also the animals are delivered to them wrapped in plastic bags and sometimes with the leash and collars still on them, all of this ends up in the ground up brown mixture that becomes kibble. The next source of meat is dead animals from zoos, circuses, etc, and the last source is ROAD KILL, yes you read that right road kill. How can the companies pass this crap off as dog food , and worst of all say its healthy and nutritious for our pets? And if that wasn't bad enough, they add all kinds of chemicals such as Glycerin, and Melamine, and preservatives to the food that makes our pets sick, and causes their kidneys and livers to fail and make them really sick , and eventually cause them to die prematurely. I don't understand how these dog food companies can in good conscious pass this garbage off as nutritious food for innocent animals, when it is making animals sick, and how do they get away with it , does the Government not have laws, or guidelines as to what is allowed in dog food, or do they not care because they figure its just dogs? In my opinion there should be laws to protect our innocent animals who can't speak for themselves, these dog food companies are slowly poisoning and making our pets sick, and the public buy these foods thinking they're buying quality food for their pets. It should be criminal. I'm glad I researched foods before choosing Fromms , and I also home cook half of their meals, I can feel good about feeding them my food because I know what ingredients are in it, and their are no chemicals or preservatives. The man in this video says that if we fed our animals higher quality kibble together with home cooked foods, our animals can live up to 134% longer lives. He has a cook book with many dog food recipes, that I am going to order. If any body is interested in watching this video, you can private message me your e mail and I can forward it to you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.