General Question Grain Free Salmon Meal & Peas Formula Adult Dry Dog Food

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Did this food make it on the dog food rating list? I found some California natural foods listed but I didn't see this one. I didn't go beyond the 4star so maybe I just missed it?

L

Lucy-licious

I'm rubbish when it comes to food and the listings as everything is different here in the UK.
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] should be able to help though x

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
it doesnt look to be a bad food really. the fat is kinda low so watch that you dont have to feed more to fill them up but it has plenty of fiber so might be ok. the only problem i have is that proctor and gamble owns this food now but if that is not a concern then you can try it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
it doesnt look to be a bad food really. the fat is kinda low so watch that you dont have to feed more to fill them up but it has plenty of fiber so might be ok. the only problem i have is that proctor and gamble owns this food now but if that is not a concern then you can try it.

Yeah, you have to be careful with P&G owned foods. When they acquired Iams, they started changing ingredients in the food to make it cheaper to make without notifying owners - now Iams is not considered the greatest food, not even close, to be frank.

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I forgot about P&G. Just going to keep on researching for now. I'm not in a major rush. I've been checking off and on. We've been using Natural Balance for over a year now. The vet suggested it when ruckus went through his constipation issues. I know it's not a great food but have been nervous to switch. I don't like that the first ingredient is sweet potato, but I feel like the dogs are always hungry and their poop isn't always consistent. But lately it seems every time I get a new bag of food the color and size of kibble fluctuates a little. Now I got an email the price per bag is going up. All this combined has me on the search.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I forgot about P&G. Just going to keep on researching for now. I'm not in a major rush. I've been checking off and on. We've been using Natural Balance for over a year now. The vet suggested it when ruckus went through his constipation issues. I know it's not a great food but have been nervous to switch. I don't like that the first ingredient is sweet potato, but I feel like the dogs are always hungry and their poop isn't always consistent. But lately it seems every time I get a new bag of food the color and size of kibble fluctuates a little. Now I got an email the price per bag is going up. All this combined has me on the search.
i am honestly not a big fan of natural balance esp the lid foods but if thats all your bully can eat then hey what can you do? if you need help finding food i can help you. do you know what protein your bully can eat? thats a good place to start usually. its good to see you around here again :2thumbs:

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
So far both dogs are doing well with fish. Ruckus's skin was a mess with chicken and his belly didn't handle beef too well either. We tried a few different flavors of Fromm and NVI before finally using the natural balance.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online