Food???

Bustersmommy6941

Jan 4, 2013
Riverside California
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Hello everyone,
I was just wondering how many times a day you feed your bulldog, I have a 5 month old bulldog and I feed him 3 times a day so I was wondering if this was correct or if I should only feed him twice a day?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think at 5 months that's fine ... personally feeding three times a day just didn't work with our schedule when we got Linus as a puppy a year ago. So out of necessity he had to go straight to two times a day. Doesn't seem to have affected him in anyway!!!!!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko is 6 and a half months and he gets fed twice a day. We found when he was fed 3 times a day he had the sort of take it or leave it cos im not all that hungry attitude but with twice a day hes hungry again by the next meal so wants it and eats it all x

OP
Bustersmommy6941

Bustersmommy6941

Jan 4, 2013
Riverside California
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Yeah Buster loves his food and will never shy away from it and like I said I feed him 3 times a day he is 19 pounds which the vet says is fine but I'm worried that if I keep feeding him 3 times a day then he will eventually become over weight. When should I switch to feeding him two times a day and what is the latest you guys feed your dogs at night

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
There is no right or wrong answer to how many times to feed your puppy. It totally depends on your schedule and your puppies needs. If you are home during the day, and can feed 3 times a day, then I think that is a good schedule for a puppy. I fed my two 1 cup of kibble 3 times a day, I fed them at 8 am, 2 pm, and again at 8 pm, but if you are not home in the afternoon, then feeding 1 1/2 cups twice a day works fine too. A good amount for a puppy is 2 to 3 cups of kibble a day. They need the extra fat and calories for their rapid growth and because they are more active as puppies, so burn more calories. I kept my pups on puppy food until they were 7 months old, and then switched them to adult food, and also switched to twice a day feedings at the same time, they now get 1 1/2 cups twice a day at 7 am and 7 pm. You can switch to adult food at 6 or 7 months of age. I take their water away after 8 pm. I also give them treats once in a while, they get bananas, cut up apples, baby carrots, strawberries, cheese strings, they also get plain unsweetened yogurt in their kibble every other day.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is almost 8 months old and she get fed 3x a day a cup per meal. When she is a year I will switch her to twice a day.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think it sounds about right for now but, in a month or so, you might want to move to 2 times a day to get a better hold on house training and convenience!

I feed both of my adult dogs twice a day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.