Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bland diet

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bland diet

Quote Originally Posted by adamslater View Post
    Thank you everyone!
    Winston has been eating the bland diet since Saturday...so today is day three. He has not vomited since and had no bm's since yesterday evening. I was so happy to see poop lol But that was the first and the last.
    Hoping for more tonight...never thought I would wish for dog poop.
    I spoke to the vet and she said if it was an obstruction the vomiting would have gotten worse. Also, she said it could take a few days before he poops. It is good that he has an appetite.
    He hasn't been drinking water so I have been putting it in his food...hopefully he drinks soon....he wont even take ice cubes.
    Otherwise he seems himself besides being more sleepy than usual.
    Glad he is coming around.... keep us posted and great move on the water in the food -- keep him hydrated
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily and Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bland diet

Quote Originally Posted by adamslater View Post
    ...never thought I would wish for dog poop.
    Yup, I know exactly what you mean. I agree that maintaining the bland diet, then adding kibble back in slowly is the best approach. Be sure to stay away from "hot" kibbles. Bulldog pups don't need as much protein as more active breeds, and do better on more evenly balanced foods. I wouldn't be using anything marketed as "puppy" dog food. In my opinion you should use a high quality adult formula kibble, then add in a daily vitamin, Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM, and Ester C. I've always fed a little pure pumpkin for increased fiber to keep my pups regular and their stools solid. Oh, and I've always fed a tablespoon of Cod liver Oil with each meal for their coats and to keep everything slick in there. I've had numerous issues with my pups, but I've never had cause to doubt the wisdom of my feeding approach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads