General Question Strawberries?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This summer, I used to pick them from my garden and throw them whole into the Dog Pool. "Bobbing for Strawberries" is super fun to watch! Bea is much better at it than Bo.

............and the video of this is ........... where???:smoochwink:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber eats them right off the plant; between her and my husband eating them off the plant I never get any and end up eating the ones out of the store. Amber eats almost anything she can get out of the garden.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Otis eats everything so his opinion doesn't count. Abby loved strawberries. I used to freeze them for her sometimes. Frozen strawberries, blueberries and banana were her favorite treats, all straight from the freezer.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Strawberries are cool for dogs. Grapes (including raisins), not as much. Although, I'm not quite sure if the thing about grapes is proven but certain dog nutritionists say grapes has something in it that is toxic to dogs.

By the way - I made the mistake of putting out strawberries that I have dipped in chocolates on the edge of the coffee table. The dogs are used to eating strawberries so they munched on the chocolate-covered ones! Not good!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Strawberries are cool for dogs. Grapes (including raisins), not as much. Although, I'm not quite sure if the thing about grapes is proven but certain dog nutritionists say grapes has something in it that is toxic to dogs.

By the way - I made the mistake of putting out strawberries that I have dipped in chocolates on the edge of the coffee table. The dogs are used to eating strawberries so they munched on the chocolate-covered ones! Not good!

The reason grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs (and cats) is unknown but it is proven. Some doctors think it might be the mold that grows around the fruit but so far they haven't found any mold in the test fruits. But even a small amount can cause kidney failure.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.