General Question Is there a 4 star no chicken/ grain puppy food.

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
We would preferably like a no chicken puppy food. That's more important than having no grains. I am researching but hoped the experts here could narrow down the search

Thank you

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
FROMM 4 Star Beef Frittata is a grain free food and does not have Chicken in it, plus it is an all stage food so it can be feed to pups.

OP
E

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Thank you for the response.
Our vet said to stay away from the all stage food. Not quite enough fats/ proteins for a pup she said. And down the roD that can lead to issues

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=7141]Eatapeach1965[/MENTION] There are several peeps here that have feed their pups this and have not had any problem. Plus with an EB pup you do not want a food high in protein. The Beef Frittata has 30% protein and their puppy food has I think 27%. I will tag one of our food experts and she can shed some light on this for you. Plus is your vet a bully expert, if not I would find one, because not all vets know what's best for a bully. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you for the response.
Our vet said to stay away from the all stage food. Not quite enough fats/ proteins for a pup she said. And down the roD that can lead to issues

Interesting because my vet says the opposite. Has many..many bullies in her practice and puts pups on a good All Stage Food right away. In fact, Jake and his entire litter, who all still see her,were put on one. Her reasoning is..if they put too much weight on too soon..THAT leads to the potential of bone and hip problems BECAUSE bulldogs have a much longer growth period. Their bone structure is best for the slow and steady approach. To each his own..but our real life experience says differently.

Maybe @cowsmom can find you an "acceptable" puppy food.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream has a puppy version - no chicken. There's also a puppy version of one of the other flavors

OP
E

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
I have our guy on limited ingredient Natural Balance Sweet Potato/Bison. it says all stage. It's 20% protein and 10% fat. I was going to switch him to limited ingredient Wellness Lamb/oatmeal , because the sweet potato doesn't seem to agree with him.
I understand the need for a slower growth for the bullies, as does the vet. She has lots of bullies in her practice. Our breeder being one of the clients.

I value the info here and appreciate the input. Just trying to find the best I can for him.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok [MENTION=7141]Eatapeach1965[/MENTION] ive just gotten back to my computer and i will see what i can find for you as well im not fond of natural balance limited ingredient to be honest.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have our guy on limited ingredient Natural Balance Sweet Potato/Bison. it says all stage. It's 20% protein and 10% fat. I was going to switch him to limited ingredient Wellness Lamb/oatmeal , because the sweet potato doesn't seem to agree with him.
I understand the need for a slower growth for the bullies, as does the vet. She has lots of bullies in her practice. Our breeder being one of the clients.

I value the info here and appreciate the input. Just trying to find the best I can for him.

:up: There are many different opinions..you know what they say bout opinions! :laugh:

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I also recommend natures variety instinct salmon. They also have beef, lamb. They have other poultry flavors but you probably want to stay away from them. I feel your pain, remi is allergic to both poultry and beef.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.