Thread: Best food for an overweight and allergy-prone bully

Pooper scooper
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Milo and Toby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Best food for an overweight and allergy-prone bully

I'm new to replying on these threads and I accidentally replied somewhere else to this thread just a minute ago - But I think I've got it figured out now ! Yes, Both Milo and Toby are active and happy, though they seem to sleeping alot more lately. They both have some Bulldog health issues that they live with. Milo has had hip displacia since he was a puppy, (he takes Previcox for the inflammation), and he's had the entropian and ectropian surgery on one of his eyes. Toby has issues too, bone spurs on his lower spine, and some arthritis in one of his legs that he had surgery on. Other than that, they love to play and Milo loves his walks in the park, Toby on the other hand doesn't really like to walk. He gets ALL excited when he see's his collar and leash, but when it's time to walk, well..... I think he'd rather stay home and take a nap You mentioned your Petunia pooping alot with the premium food. Ours do this too when we feed them the Organix brand of dry food. When they were puppies, I thought I was going to get them off to a good healthy start and fed them the Blue Brand, and oh boy, they pooped sooo much. I think their young digestive systems just couldn't handle all of the organic at this time.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Alix
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies Mom View Post
    I'm new to replying on these threads and I accidentally replied somewhere else to this thread just a minute ago - But I think I've got it figured out now ! Yes, Both Milo and Toby are active and happy, though they seem to sleeping alot more lately. They both have some Bulldog health issues that they live with. Milo has had hip displacia since he was a puppy, (he takes Previcox for the inflammation), and he's had the entropian and ectropian surgery on one of his eyes. Toby has issues too, bone spurs on his lower spine, and some arthritis in one of his legs that he had surgery on. Other than that, they love to play and Milo loves his walks in the park, Toby on the other hand doesn't really like to walk. He gets ALL excited when he see's his collar and leash, but when it's time to walk, well..... I think he'd rather stay home and take a nap You mentioned your Petunia pooping alot with the premium food. Ours do this too when we feed them the Organix brand of dry food. When they were puppies, I thought I was going to get them off to a good healthy start and fed them the Blue Brand, and oh boy, they pooped sooo much. I think their young digestive systems just couldn't handle all of the organic at this time.
    Oh my! Your boys do have some common problems. Petunia gets excited when she sees her collar and lead. She refuses to wear her collar!

As for the food, I think I am going to try the Earthborn and use frozen green beans to add more bulk to the food. I'll post back and let you know how it goes.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

I found when it comes to kibble. When the do is pooping to much it is very common to. E because the food is too rich for the bully's belly. A bully should only poop 1-3 times daily on kibble. My girl is on raw and only goes 1-2 times every other day.

Pooper scooper
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Milo and Toby
    Likes (Received)

Oh thank you- I'll look forward to hearing how your Petunia does with the Earthborn and frozen green beans-hope she does well !

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If they are pooping a lot it means they are probably getting more food than they need .

Hmmm how can I explain this.... Basically the poop is waste, unneeded products. So if there is a lot of poop they are getting more than their requirements.

If the poop is runny however, it could be a bad reaction to the food. Bad reactions add gas to the poop giving the illusion there is more poop.

Basically, if you feed 2 cups per day you should see no more than 2 cups coming out, but it should be less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads