General Question Came across this food and was wondering if it was good?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Puppy Formula

Ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Oat Meal, Pearled Barley, Ground Rice, Ground Millet, Ground Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Duck, Buffalo, White Fish, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Salmon Oil (a natural source of Omega-3, Docosahexaenoic Acid-DHA)*, Organic Alfalfa Sun-cured ground, Yeast Culture, Tomato Pomace Dried , Dried Egg,Organic Sunflower Seed Ground, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Lysine, Blueberry Dried, Cranberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Inulin (from Chicory Root), Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Cinnamon, Marigold Dried, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus casei,Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin, Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min.) 28.00%, Crude Fat (min.) 17.0%, Crude Fiber (max.) 3.0%, Moisture (max.) 11.0%.

Adult Formula

Ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Oat Meal, Pearled Barley, Ground Rice, Ground Millet, Ground Barley, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Duck, Buffalo, White Fish, Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Salmon Oil (a natural source of Omega-3, Docosahexaenoic Acid-DHA)*, Organic Alfalfa Sun-cured ground, Yeast Culture, Tomato Pomace Dried, Dried Egg, Organic Sunflower Seed Ground, Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Lysine, Blueberry Dried, Cranberry Dried, Yucca Schidigera Extract,Inulin (from Chicory Root), Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Cinnamon, Marigold Dried, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus casei, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Complex, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3, Niacin, Lecithin, Riboflavin, Supplement, Biotin, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Amino Acid Complex, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrients Profile.
Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min.) 24.00%, Crude Fat (min.) 12.0%, Crude Fiber (max.) 3.0%, Moisture (max.) 11.0%, Docosahexaenoic Acid DHA* (min.) 400 mg/kg, Vitamin E (min.) 50 mg/kg.
Calorie Content: 3495 kcal/kg (calculated) one pound provides 1587 kcal metabolizable energy. One cup provides 352 kilocalories or calories. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrients Profile.

I have been doing a lot of research on food because I have to order mine all the time and called the company and they can't sell in the state I live because of some sister company that sales in this area. So what do you think of this food? I should add that Lola is not allergic to anything as of now and isn't on grain free. I love fromm so I want to make sure whatever I can find local is just as good if that is even possible!

@cowsmom-I need you wise advise
:yoda:

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my opinion anything that is mostly made of different "meals" is c...p.

FDA defines meal as "the rendered product from mammal tissues, exclusive of any added blood, hair, horn, hide trimmings, manure, stomach and rumen contents."

I personally would like to see some meat in my dogs food....I don't think that all other so called healthy stuff, herbs, vitamins and supplements compensate the lack of quality meat.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
can you tell me the name of the food as I do take the reputation of the company into account not just ingredient of the food

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm concerned w/the alfalfa as so many bullies have allergies to leaves, grasses, etc.

Keep in mind many bullies develop allergies that seem fine before doing so, this is where
being on a good food & developing healthy & strong immune systems & gut health pays
off.

And, I agree w
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]...
many ingredients not listed go into 'meal'...just be cautious!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I looked into the chicken soup for the dogs soul food as well but they have had recalls. I think I will just stay with fromm. I like to buy local if I can and help the small businesses around here but I guess that isn't a option.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
The Merrick food above is a 4 star food just like from is on pet food adviser page.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
In my opinion the ingredients are garbage! I wouldnt feed this food at all! There doesnt seem to be real meat just meal??? I would stick with Fromm! Going from a 6 star rating to a 4 is a big difference. If you order from Pet Flow you can have scheduled shipments :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i see you have made up your mind already while i was away but honestly there is alot of grains in this food. fromm is much better.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]-fromm 4 star is a all stage food right?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] they are this is from the website
Fromm Four-Star is complete and balanced for dogs of all life stages. Puppies, adults, seniors, you name it. Just adjust feeding as neccessary.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]-thank you! I will just stay with fromm and give both the girls the same good. Its so hard to find anything near as good as fromm so I guess if its not broke dont fix it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.