Help Needed! Advice needed on food choice

OP
D

dorian

Jan 10, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Just an update on Winston to those who requested:

I tried him on a Nutro/Fromm whitefish mix and he got sick immediately, which he hadn't done to that point in this saga. I removed the Nutro completely and replaced it with white rice, so he's now eating a mix of 2 parts rice, 1 part Fromm. He's eating it enthusiastically and not getting sick, so it's good all around.

I plan on going fully to Fromm over the next two weeks or so, slowly removing the rice and replacing it with more kibble. His flatulence is back, but at least he's able to keep his food down now. One problem out of time I guess haha

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Just an update on Winston to those who requested:

I tried him on a Nutro/Fromm whitefish mix and he got sick immediately, which he hadn't done to that point in this saga. I removed the Nutro completely and replaced it with white rice, so he's now eating a mix of 2 parts rice, 1 part Fromm. He's eating it enthusiastically and not getting sick, so it's good all around.

I plan on going fully to Fromm over the next two weeks or so, slowly removing the rice and replacing it with more kibble. His flatulence is back, but at least he's able to keep his food down now. One problem out of time I guess haha

Okay, Winston and Nutro is a no-no.

About his flatulence... flatulence in dogs is usually caused by malabsorption of carbs. So, more than likely, your culprit is the sweet potato. And since Fromm whitefish also contains Sweet Potato as its 4th ingredient (a significant amount), that could be why the flatulence did not decrease. Out of the Fromm family, the Grain-free Salmon Tunalini does not have sweet potato - although it does have Russett Potato still. You can try that next time and see if it helps with the flatulence.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.