Help Needed! Blue Buffalo Longevity??

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Good morning everyone.

we are getting ready to transition Ike from Eukanuba to Blue Buffalo. I purchased the Longevity Puppy. There are so many different versions of Puppy food, I was unsure which one to get.

this is the one I got.
http://bluebuffalo.com/dog-food/longevity-puppy

Is it a good one? We have not began switching him over yet.

Thanks for all your help!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We never had Hershey on any 'puppy food' from my reading, bulldog puppies dont need the 'puppy version' as long as you are feeding a good quality food (like blue buffalo)

Hershey ate Blue Buffalo 'Basics' and we recently switched him and Gizmo over to Taste of the Wild Salmon - however, we are battling the Yeast issues again, so back to the more expensive Blue Buffalo Basics for us when these bags are used up.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
It looks good to me as long as he's not allergic to any of the ingredients and you probably don't know his allergies yet. Give it a try and if he shows allergy signs reevaluate. I prefer grain free foods but most of them have a lto more protein than your choice and I think the protein level in it for a pup is fine.

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My girl has been on Blue Wildness Duck since 8 months old and loves it....

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have not tried blue buffalo but I hope you have good luck with it! Please keep us updated!

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Thanks for the input, I will keep you updated as we change him over!:)

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
It looks good to me as long as he's not allergic to any of the ingredients and you probably don't know his allergies yet. Give it a try and if he shows allergy signs reevaluate. I prefer grain free foods but most of them have a lto more protein than your choice and I think the protein level in it for a pup is fine.

The Grain Free is 1% more protein, 3% more fat, and 7% more Fiber.. Is it better to have those and go grain free?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
The difference in the nutrition isn't a lot so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. By using grain free, you eliminate a whole bunch of things your dog may be allergic to, which is a good thing.

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
The difference in the nutrition isn't a lot so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. By using grain free, you eliminate a whole bunch of things your dog may be allergic to, which is a good thing.

:) Ty!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok ill be honest with you. this wad the first food I had my dogs on when I left supermarket brands n I tried the longevity one. it was not good on any of my dogs. their coats got awful so I went back to regular blue now will it be the same for you don't know. if u want blue wilderness puppy would be a good choice n its grain free. if the protein bothers you blue freedom is grain free n lower protein. keep in mind some bullies do not tolerate chicken well n blue uses it a lot. now this does not mean your dog will just be mindful of it. if you have more questions I'm always around @whitebronc

Last edited:
OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
ok ill be honest with you. this wad the first food I had my dogs on when I left supermarket brands n I tried the longevity one. it was not good on any of my dogs. their coats got awful so I went back to regular blue now will it be the same for you don't know. if u want blue wilderness puppy would be a good choice n its grain free. if the protein bothers you blue freedom is grain free n lower protein. keep in mind some bullies do not tolerate chicken well n blue uses it a lot. now this does not mean your dog will just be mindful of it. if you have more questions I'm always around @whitebronc

Thank you guys! for all your help!

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Update:
so Ike has been on this food for a while now. He loves it his coat is soft and shiny, he is growing and getting bigger.
After much more reading we will be switching him to the wilderness version of Blue Buffalo.
With all the reading and input from all here, it seems to be the better food.

Thanks for everything!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.